New coastal carpet python!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support guys! Yea, I was told they're great for first timers and although I haven't had any experience with other snakes, I reckon it's true. She hasn't bitten me at all, even though I've been handling her almost every day (except around feeding time!) and was told that they can be a bit snappy when young. Even my family loves her now, though they weren't very supportive of the idea of getting a snake at first!

Outdoor enclosure?

Another thing I forgot to ask... Even though I've got a UV light now, I thought it'd be good if she could have an outside enclosure to get some sunlight. I guess I could just put the click-clack outside, but I was thinking about getting something that can accomodate a few branches (her current enclosure is a bit small for that). I've seen these so-called 'flexariums' in pet shops which seem like a good option - has anyone tried these? I was warned not to put her in anything too big till she gets older.. would she be uncomfortable if I put her in a flexarium?

Cheers guys,
Dan

where are you located? that will deteremin wether its agood idea to allow it to stay outside. at that age just sit out in the sun for abou 10 min every few days, cause they are so small they heat up fast and can easily over heat. also put one of the caves directly over the heat mat, that way it will get warmer in there then what the thermometer is telling you while still allowing the snake to got to the cooler end. those herp courses are fantastic. i work at St Mary's pet centre on the week end and we just ran a few courses and are planning on doing some more. the enclosure is idenetical to what we offer with the corse and we sell the set up for 99 it comes with enclosure hide water bowl and a heat mat and i think the book. the course is 50 and goes for two hours. any one interested pm me and ill give you more details.
im pleased with the number of people doing these courses as they are VERY good for first timers and give you everything you need.

and cameron know all about it.. hehe.. nice snake mate.. i dont think she will need the heat rock as well just to answer ur question bout that.. and she looks very happy and is eating fine.. all is well !!!
Congrats..

Congrats!

Nice snake, nice set up, great photo the 2nd one... what sort of camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back