New Enclosures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlovers

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just thought i would show you our new GTP enclosures we put together.
We moved our one in a few weeks back, and loves it! just waiting to pay of the new one for the bottom enclosure!
Hope you like them!
IMG_0932.jpgIMG_0935.jpg

lovely stuff. Always so good to see reptiles housed in beautiful and correctly set up enclosures.

Nice job pythonlovers, i'm in the process of setting up two 4x2x2 (verticals) for my jungles, hoping for a similar look once they're finished. What dimensions are the enclosures?

Heya pythonluvers, its an awesome looking enclosure :) but i might just offer abit of advice, totally up to you if you take it or leave it.. But i think your bubba gtp isnt quite ready for such grand accomodation. I went this way with one of my first, but soon ran into issues with it not feeding, the humidity and heat seemed fine, but i think the stress of such a big enclosure Was to blame. Plus its easier to control humidity and heat in a smaller setting. I know it looks awesomely pretty, but sometimes a plastic tub has to do until theyr abit more robust... Just talking from my experiance and what ive come to learn. Take it or leave it :)

hey thanks, and yeah we did think of that but, its eating fine and very active at night, it seems completely fine at the moment. i said something very similar to my girlfriend and she said, well what happens in the wild? she thinks the more realistic it is the better.
so we went with it haha
if we ran into troubles later down the track we have a 10l click clack made and ready haha. (we are prepared) :)

Thats a really cool setup must of tanken alot of time nd effort and money but it looks like it was worth it, great tank!!! :)

thanks everyone! yeah it really did take alot of time and effort and money!!! ohh and a lot off back and forth tips to bunnings haha
totally worth it!
Leamos the dimensions are 3ft H X2ft W X 2ft D.

Hey pythonlovers
Where did you get that whitish spindly mossy plant in the second enclosure? Iv been looking for something like that. Thanks!

its exoterra cabello/spanish moss, most petstores i've seen stock it

DSC_0123.jpgthe spanish moss your talking about i have a few fake ones but i also have a real one in my gts enclosure there is a uv bulb in there and the moss is growing great no need for soil with this plant just needs a spray every now and then looks great pic of my gts enclosure

you can buy them from a plant nursery most of the time they are mounted on boards or branches....its generally called "old man's beard" or "grandfather's beard".....and thankyou for the compliment yours looks awesome too..

really? wow, i think i have seen that before haha, cheers, i wish i could have live plants tho... just it seem real difficult, like having to trim them every so often. do you trim yours?

hey pythonlovers that is the only fake one i have cos i have read everywhere that having real plants is not a good idea cos of all the little nasties in the soil so if you can find plants that can live without soil then you should be ok there are a few species of plants out there that can live like this just have to do your research i am thinking of putting some of those plants they call "lucky bamboo" its all twisted shape branches they live in just water so was going to try and put some of them in my pond will look really good but i think i have enough stuff in my enclosure already lol.....trimming plants is easy just take the tips off that will cause the plant to bush out more,and the old man beard doesnt grow that fast and if you do trim it keep the trimmings and grow them into extra plants then you have heaps of little baby plants....:D

Thanks smileysnake, I'm a horticulturist so I have a pretty good idea of the plants that could go into the enclosure.
Also, just a quick question totally unrelated to this conversation, how often do you buy food for your green tree snakes? Do you buy in bulk or run down to the store as you need food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back