Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hey Guys I have currently see signature at the bottom of the post,
now my collection is going to expand but we would only be getting mates for our present geckos and I would like to expand my collection mum said my brother and I may get 1 more species of lizard here is what I have on my list:

Smooth Knob-Tail Gecko
Marbled Velvet Gecko (Preferably WA Form)

So what is easier and best to have Mum would likely say yes to a new gecko but she want's us to try and get a mate for our geckos first are there any other geckos that are great to have with just a heatpad and on a basic licence. Can you also keep two thick-tails in a 45 x 30 x 30 or will we have to upgrade and could you put two smooth knob-tails or two marbled velvet's in that tank. And can anyone identify the sex of my thick-tail gecko here's a photo:image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I would probably go knob tailed - great lizards and they don't climb :D. Another to consider is a southern spotted velvet - very pretty.
get a close up pic of the lizards hemipene from below, put him in a plastic container and take the shot with the camera underneath the plastic container.
Good luck mate!

May be a bit too young to sex unless you have huge hands an that gecko is bigger then it looks.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back