New Jungle, Reptile one enclosure ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marcus0002

I bought a Black & Gold Jungle python yesterday. I managed to get a reptileone display enclosure for $200 as well. I'm just after some ideas on how to set it up. Its all glass and vertical so will be a challenge to get temps right. I'm up in Queensland so I do have time to mess around with it.
I have a water bowl, a hide, newspaper for substrate and a 100w bunnings globe scred into a urs ceramic fitting hooked up to a reptapet on/off thermostat.

The fitting and light cage are tied to the mesh on top with twisty ties. I didn't have any cable ties in the house last night.

Im thinking get some of that scrub mesh privacy screen stuff from bunnings ( the stuff that people in apartments put on their balcony railings) and put it up on the back and sides.

For heating I'm thinking get a toddlers stool or something, put a tile on it and put it right under the globe? Or put some more branches underneath for a basking spot, even a bit of rope?

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

4wn4kZC.jpg

Z10KDby.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Went to bunnings and this is what I ended up with
h7WTS9y.jpg

Looks nice , similar size to mine
Are you going to cover the top sides with more of that twig stuff ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I got some more of that today, I'll put up some photos when I get home

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Awesome , with heating I had heaps of trouble holding heat but I ended up having a 100w red heat globe and covered the top with 6 ply timber so that there's no gaps , that's the old heat source I have , but I have 3 wall rocks , some green fake plants abd substrate and of course a hide , my jungle abit over a year old .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All done but the little guy prefers to hide behind the bamboo.

kwGcOxY.jpg

3GmN4Vm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back