Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coluberconstricter

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was slowly getting pulled into the life of lizards, so i decided that i wanted to get, a non-expensive, easy to look-after lizard.

Im not sure what is a good choice to start with.

I was thinking that i could go with a "Gippsland water dragon" - $90
"Eastern water dragon" - $69
"Central/eastern bearded dragon" - $???

thanks for the help looking foward to a new lizard....:p

BTW i live in "MELBOURNE" :D

Last edited:
central beardy-$60-85 or so in melb.
Where are you located?

Dylan

Last edited:
i've seen beardies as low as $40 in NSW. my bf got his beardies (central) one red phase and one yellow phase imported from SA through Ultimate Reptile Suppliers. red was 90 yellow was 75. they are great. full of personality and easy to look after:)
they need a uv light and a heat light or basking light. they also like a rock of branch to climb on under the light to get warm. my bf keeps them on sand, but u can use anything from fake grass to newpaper/ butchers paper. its up to you how much money you spend on the enclosure. they need about a 4ft long enclosure, you could possible get away with one a bit smaller. so thats proble the most expensive part:)
hope that helps.

Since you are in Melbourne I would consider the good ol' bluey. You can pick up a blotched at bargain prices down there. The bluey is very underrated as a pet - they are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back