Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bxta1186

Reaction score
Hi Everyone on AP&S,

I am a new member and have just applied for a cat 3 herp licence, however i am making sure i do all my research so any help or advice on what snake would be suitable to start off with , tips and tricks of keeping a snake ,enclosures etc etc would be much appreciate as i want to make sure i have evrything all set up and the knowledge behind me before i buy my first snake .

thank you for taking the time to read my thread i hope i hear from someone soon .

thanks
bxta
:)

Welcome.. Cert 3? What state u in? Need to have a lower class for a time before u can look at cert 3 in NSW

Hello and welcome to aps.. Depends what you like?? Big or small? Bright coloured or earthy colours? Expensive or cheap? But to be honest if you get a hatchy, just get what ever snake you like and grow with it. All snakes bite a little but when they are small it doesnt hurt at all.. :)

jd

im in w.a

Hello and welcome to aps.. Depends what you like?? Big or small? Bright coloured or earthy colours? Expensive or cheap? But to be honest if you get a hatchy, just get what ever snake you like and grow with it. All snakes bite a little but when they are small it doesnt hurt at all.. :)

jd
i heard stimpson pythons are good beginner snakes . price is not an issue . i dont want a snake that will end up being huge

sorry i mean stimson python . im limmited on cert 3 licence to what i can have

Last edited by a moderator:
i started with a stimmy but soon upsized to a coastal lol i like watching him grow. Anyways welcome to the forum and goodluck with whatever u choose :D

i started with a stimmy but soon upsized to a coastal lol i like watching him grow. Anyways welcome to the forum and goodluck with whatever u choose :D

Hi ,
thankyou very much for the lovely welcome . i love the colours of the stimson python . definately will be getting a hatchling so i can watch them grow too . thank you again montysrainbow

im here in WA and you are limited to a stimsons python and a south west carpet python on category 3, i started with a stimsons and am getting a south west carpet in a few weeks, do your research as much as you can before getting any reptile. your choice of snake is your choice of snake, you don't have much variety but you will want a big snake in the future judging by personal and other new herpers experience. south west carpets grow to around 1.8 m and stimsons grow to around 1m.

Bohdi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back