New on and seeking RSP owners wisdom.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently joined (under introductions for any seeking evidence) and wanted to do some in depth research. I have Mike Swan's Aussie native bible as it seems to be termed and have read it cover to cover, however I am seeking out owners and breeders of rough scaled pythons to collectively post information they have discovered since aquiring these beautiful creatures. I have spent many hours reading scientific journals and reports, handling sheets and even just species bio's but would like to know more about their captive habits. I am new to owning reptiles having only handled others before and have my heart set on one of these beauty's. I have read some conflicting articles suggesting known issues teeth, size, feeding and housing for beginners and want to be well educated if this is the way I go. Thank you for your time and input everyone, I look forward to hearing from you.

Personally I think RSPs are amongst the finest of pythons. I have found mine to be very curious, very placid, excellent handler and great eater. Yes they do have longer teeth than most pythons but don't seem to use them...on people anyway:)
Husbandry same as any other python, good temp gradient (34-26) fresh h2o, food of appropriate size, plenty of places to perch, I have found a hide of no use as she is more arboreal than any of my other pythons apart from the gtp. There are a couple of very good rsp breeders here on this forum. So if your serious about owning one I am sure you will get the information required. Pic of my girl - she is 2.5yrs
31b60763-d0e1-ede7.jpg
and a pic of her teeth;-)
31b60763-d12f-d0dd.jpg

Thank you for your support. She is a lovely little thing. I have heard that once past the 'teething' stage (lol) they are very tame and easy to care for. I was wishing to find a young one on the higher side of six months down the track that has shed and fed well. Thank you for sharing your photos, she really is stunning, every photo I have seen has been stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back