Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesomely cool Dave, looks like the Ochre gold is spreading nicely! Congrats :) Pretty soon, another gen and you will have Ochre gold "woma morph" BHPs ;)

I would prefer to have a woma than a woma look-a-like BHP ;) If it really is a BHP....

Guys, it is now time to apologize.
I started this thread as a bit of fun and for a thought provoking exercise.
These are not black-headed pythons, they are unusually marked Woma’s.

It interesting how we over look things because we are already in a particular mind set.

The father of these woma’s is an unusual specimen that displays excess black and some may argue (hyper melanistic). In fact many punters were of the opinion that the Woma father represented a natural hybrid of both species which I discounted based on maximum adult size , ventral and mid-body scales counts, temperament etc. Obviously this logical approach does not prove that I am right though and DNA would be interesting to look at.
Clearly as these hatchlings haven’t had their first shed yet they will look darker than they will actually be but the body markings do look interesting.
Unexpected specimens like these, are some of the reasons I prefer wild caught reptiles.

I hope you had fun with this thread.

Cheers Dave

I certainly wouldn't discount the chances of it being a woma/bhp intergrade.

Den, not an inside hint at all. lol.
Morphologically it screems woma at first glance.

I must admit, the first pic had me going, I even sent Dave a pm. The second pic was the give away (that and Ads pm)....;):)

Good one Dave.

Had me going when i first seen the 1st pic,looked at 2nd i wasnt convinced,good try thou...

I must admit i did have a fair idea what Dave was up to as he asked for my opinion on the animal in the first pic.
What i ment to say was not an inside hint "needed" at all. (As you all know my typing sux. lol).
Ive hatched out enough bhps and womas over the last few years to make the difference seem very obvious to me.
A future dna test may prove me wrong, but i highly doubt it.
I truely believe, and have told this to Dave, that they are pure womas. I believe that he has found a very unusual form/morhp of woma that looks to be a co-dominant trait when bred.
Exciting times ahead for the Boodarie woma breeding program.
Imagine one of the black headed forms bred with an albino woma. A white headed woma, now that would be cool.

Last edited:
I've never even heard of an Orca BHP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Defenitelyt on the xmas list:) WHat are the prices going for these babes?

I guess we may never know, like me others seem to think they could be a naturally occuring hybrid. They do look a bit messy but I like them.

Boa, other than the bit of black on the male/father, it looks to have no bhp influence at all morhpologically.
He scale counts out as a pure woma, is smaller infact than some other womas found in the same area. If it was infact a natural cross bettween the two their would certainly be obvious traits to suggest such, yet there are none.?
What makes you think it is an intergade/hybrid.?

The link to the other animal Dave posted on the other thread is most likely an intergrade/hybrid, but this animal looks to be nothing more than a pure woma of an unusual morhp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back