Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise that you had seen them first hand mate. I'm the last one to jump on bandwagons, but I'm definitely a big fan...and they don't even have venom!

Yes I am a fan of the pattern on some of the ochre specimens as well. I can't say I have seen any very strange patterns on Woma's yet.

jonno the Ochre BHP's line is not worth the money ppl pay for them IMO, i've seen more hotter looking normal BHP's .
I double that,imo there isnt anything special at all with them,yes they have a orange chin,yippeee.Paying that sort off $$ i can think off a few snakes i would rather spend my $$$ on.To all those breeding them Congrats,but too me their not as great as others.

Absolutely, I can only assume people haven't actually seen them in the flesh, the orange chin is a very small part of their look.

I didn't realise that you had seen them first hand mate. I'm the last one to jump on bandwagons, but I'm definitely a big fan...and they don't even have venom!

Guys, it is now time to apologize.
I started this thread as a bit of fun and for a thought provoking exercise.
These are not black-headed pythons, they are unusually marked Woma’s.

It interesting how we over look things because we are already in a particular mind set.

The father of these woma’s is an unusual specimen that displays excess black and some may argue (hyper melanistic). In fact many punters were of the opinion that the Woma father represented a natural hybrid of both species which I discounted based on maximum adult size , ventral and mid-body scales counts, temperament etc. Obviously this logical approach does not prove that I am right though and DNA would be interesting to look at.
Clearly as these hatchlings haven’t had their first shed yet they will look darker than they will actually be but the body markings do look interesting.
Unexpected specimens like these, are some of the reasons I prefer wild caught reptiles.

I hope you had fun with this thread.

Cheers Dave

have you done a scale count?

You might just want to check out the thread by Den " white girl offspring "

If there not your cup of tea thats fine, but im sure theres a few people eating there words that Ochres/Golds are no big deal, not worth the money etc etc.

I double that,imo there isnt anything special at all with them,yes they have a orange chin,yippeee.Paying that sort off $$ i can think off a few snakes i would rather spend my $$$ on.To all those breeding them Congrats,but too me their not as great as others.

You might just want to check out the thread by Den " white girl offspring "

If there not your cup of tea thats fine, but im sure theres a few people eating there words that Ochres/Golds are no big deal, not worth the money etc etc.

I was thinking that the other day mate. It's like the people who keep saying that the Dan Gilbertson line striped Diamonds are actually intergrades - just makes them look silly :)

Dave
Do you have any updated pictures, the one in the first post was taken early December, would be good to see the progression of this animal after a couple of sheds.

Geez it still looks very Bhp like, the body pattern looks just like a Pilbara Bhp. I remember seeing one of Matt Y's animals that looked like a Woma/Bhp cross, I cant remember what the scale count worked it out to be, but maybe you should have a chat with him.

I was thinking that the other day mate. It's like the people who keep saying that the Dan Gilbertson line striped Diamonds are actually intergrades - just makes them look silly :)

:lol: well said mr lucas ;)

i agree with BARRAMUNDI,id like to see some updated shots dave :)

Barramundi
The pic of this little guy was taken prior to his first ever shed (hence dark) and was posted as a joke, not because it was anything amazing. The female of this specimen has a very ordinary smoky brown upper body base colour as this has been inherited in this youngster and not particularly a trait I desire and the male an unusual specimen, because of its excess amount of black pigment.
The breeding however, simply proved that the black pigmentation could also be passed through and even more pronounced in the offspring. I will post up a pic shortly and you will see a strange but in my opinion a less than handsome development. For the compulsive line breeders out there though, I think with the introduction of a yellowish specimen in the mix, it would be possible to end up with a bumblebee looking Woma down the track.

I think you are wrong. It is amazing and certainly worth the effort to work on in the future.

I understand it was a joke, but as I was saying Matt had/has an unusual looking Aspidites (cant remeber if it was ramsayi or melanocephalus) that would be a great addition to this line providing his snake is a woma.

Can you post some current pics of these hyper womas, even if you think they are ugly, many of us would take on such projects.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, take my girlfriend for example, everyone thinks shes ugly but I think she is..... wait a minute, who am I kidding, she is ugly.

Looking good :)
It's great to see that we can achieve morphs in AUS too :)
There's quite a few upcoming.
Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back