Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the box prior to being opened, which was done with a stanley knife.
You can see from how much masking tape is covering the base and top of the box that they had sealed it completely shut.
Dad was also concerned which is initially how I found out there had been no airholes, in which he proceeded to show me the box.

I know how couriers work, I use them everyday, most of them throw their parcels around.
If there had been a label on the box indicating that there was a live animal inside, then Im sure more care would have been taken.
My main issue is that why wouldnt they think to put a label on in the first place? Seems like common sense to me.
Could the label have fallen off? just a thought :) If you contact the seller these are the things you could get to the bottom of :)

if the box was air tight,and came overnight,u have a miracle snake that doesnt need air to live,or is the international holding breath champion

Also if it needed more holes the snake would be dead....

It's not a mammal. And doesn't breath like one. Read up about snakes before you go flaming. You've got a healthy snake. What more do you want?

There was no tape or anything to show a label may have been stuck on...

I'm not trying to argue like all of you guys seem to love doing.

Just wanted to express my concern about the way some people send their snakes, and then claim it is acceptable.

I'm sure many people agree with me but are too scared to say so because people such as yourselves jump the gun at every comment and assume we are "liars" or "over-reacting" just because we expect slightly better quality care for our reptiles.

common sense would be call the person who sent you it and sort it out there,nothing will happen here,so dont see the point in arguing it

end of the day only you and him/her know whats happened whilst in each others ownership,what happens between that is the couriers fault

Send a message to the sender, simple. I know it is not right to send a snake or any reptile like that, but look at the good pionts, it did arrive alive & healthy to what we know. & it does prove that reptiles will not deprive the world of oxygene.

Cheers
Ian
I can't spell at all, but i am not a teacher so who gives a rats bum.

Last edited:
Bad day champ?

Not at all, it's like banging your head against a wall explaining to people that there was nothing wrong and that is why your snake is still alive and healthy... Yet they keep coming up with 'What if it got kicked around' or 'there was definitely no air in there' (the snake held it's breath for two days)... Why do people feel the need to ruin the joy of getting a new snake? As stated in my first post she is being ridiculous and many people have agreed with that statement...

PS. How did you know about my champion status?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said I had been selling or transporting snakes for years, nor did I say that there was no air, I said there was no air holes... maybe you should read the thread first before putting words in peoples mouths...

Sorry for being concerned about the safety and health of my animal?
I understand that it could still breathe, but what about storage? How do I know where he was kept overnight, what were the temperatures like? A label could have given some warning about what was in tge box. Thats all Im saying.

Not at all, it like banging your head against a wall explaining to people that there was nothing wrong and that is why your snake is still alive and healthy... Yet they keep coming up with 'What if it got kicked around' or 'there was definitely no air in there' (the snake held it's breath for two days)... Why do people feel the need to ruin the joy of getting a new snake? As stated in my first post she is being ridiculous and many people have agreed with that statement...

:lol: Wow..... all this over something so simple :rolleyes:

Yes, it could/should have been packaged and labled better..... so, you should learn from this experience. Learn that next snake you get freighted to you, ask the seller how he normally packages them, ask the seller to please lable it as a live animal (& top load only) and a few air holes please.

You must let this seller know so he/she can modify thier packaging practices.... otherwise, how will they ever know? If I were receiving an animal via courier, I would even give the seller a courtesy call to say the animal arrived anyway. If I were sending someone something alive, I would like to know it arrived safe?

You could actually give this seller a quick call, say thanks, snake arrived fine..... although, I would have preferred it had been labled... etc, etc.....

Now, get over it and enjoy your new snake :)

Whoa! A courtesy call to say thank you, you got it? That would be considerate, or perhaps even venturing into the realm of good manners!!!! Lets hope society doesnt go down that path... Better to focus on the what if's and negatives...

Last edited by a moderator:
spot on,contact the seller and let them know you wernt happy,u dont need to convince anyone here,your arguing with them,its going around and around in circles,nothing gets solved,you could have rang and had it sorted by now

why wouldnt you let them know u arent happy,its obvious u arent,u could maybe school them on the better way to package reptiles in future,may not work,but not saying anything it definatly wont work

Hey Snowman you didn't send it did you????
Just pretty defensive. All is Ok anyway.

Cheers
Ian

There was no tape or anything to show a label may have been stuck on...

I'm not trying to argue like all of you guys seem to love doing.

Just wanted to express my concern about the way some people send their snakes, and then claim it is acceptable.

I'm sure many people agree with me but are too scared to say so because people such as yourselves jump the gun at every comment and assume we are "liars" or "over-reacting" just because we expect slightly better quality care for our reptiles.
I feel some people maybe coming across a bit harsh because it can be very frustrating when buyers assume things and vent before getting to the bottom of issues or speaking directly with their seller.... Some may also have a touch of NMS(new member syndrome)LOL or NEWB syndrome.... Try not to take it personally :) remember your the one who viewed the box and have seen the snake and if you really think things were done poorly speak directly to the seller :) I am glad your Python is healthy

So you got the snake you paid for , it's healthy , alive and in good shape and there was no freighting issues other than a lack of a few holes ... sounds like a terrible experience ...

Busted!!!
Our WA diamond pythons fetch a good price on the market. She should count herself lucky to have such a rare specimen. Only one ever found here ;)

I'm not defensive. I think my angry snowman just makes it seem that everything I say is agressive. Might need to change my avitar...
I'm just chillin at work with my three screens. Two for CAD and one watching the forum.. Might have too much time on my hands. Nearly 5pm here so will be off soon :p

Live & learn my friends.
Don't send a reptile with no air holes in the box or the right paperwork & ask for personal response when they get there.Not Forum response?
This is the least a seller can do.
The least that a reciever can do is to acknowledge that they recieved all OK & that takes the pressure off the sender.
Then if dispute they should take it further with the seller.

In this case all is good.

Cheers
Ian

Sorry abonable Snowman.

Last edited:
Seriously I feel the lack of labelling is a concern. No point voicing it on a forum though, take it up with the seller and courier. If you are that concerned at the potential risks that your animal was exposed to and therefore other animals it's the least you can do.
The seller and/or courier may not be aware of the possible short comings of their service

Here i go again, i will throw in my opinion which often goes against the grain but you can't win them all. I would be concerned about the way it was transported, just because it arrived alive doesn't mean that it was done appropriately/safely. I think more by chance it has made it to its destination in reasonably good order and we are thankful for that. I agree with others on the forum and if you want to improve the way something is done you need to speak to the person and let them know your feelings. If you do, you have a chance of resolving the way things are done, if you don't then you are ensuring history repeats itself if not directly affecting you but others. I would consider it the sellers responsibillity to adequately label the package in a manner so as the label did not fall off, and through doing some courier work i can assure people that packages get rough treatment so without a label there is a high probabability that the animal was shaken up through its journey. Some people on this forum don't seem too concerned about the way the snake was sent as it arrived o.k. But a good point to consider is if it had died and d.e.e.c had been notified it is lax handling methods like this that could end up bringing about chnages that restrict the methods we are currently permitted to use is transfering stock. At the end of the day though, good to see the snake is alive and well.

I bought a Japanese Spitz dog from a breeder 2yrs ago,the dog was driven to the airport,i was told what time the flight was. I was informed of when the flight arrived in Melbourne from Sydney,and when he would arrive to me via pet couriers to my home outside Melbourne. The breeder kept in touch with me and i called him within an hour of my dog arriving to let him know that he had arrived safe. Two years down the track i still keep in touch with that same breeder and know that if anything happens or i need advice,he is a phone call away.

Keep in touch with the delivery process,know how your animal is being sent,know what times etc.

How close is this to most boring thread ever? It must be close, right? 4 pages! Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back