new regulations question regarding gtp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zx12busa

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there are new regulations about to be issued from departmental bodies regarding the keeping of gtp

just a rumor i heard about changes

i am assuming qld as this is where i live and was told by a fellow reptile carer,we were discussing the fact i am about to purchase an albino olive which i have been wanting for a some considerable time and the other guy suggested i lean towards gtp as the laws are about to change regarding breeding and keeping of gtp, as the bottom wont fall out of the market like the albinos

Firstly before anyone comments about the momentary value and potential breeding values that is not the reason i am wanting an albino olive, its purely an attraction to the species(we have 3 olives that we care for,one rescued from horrendous living conditions but that's another story) all have their own custom built enclosures as close as possible to natural environment including day and night light cycles and temperature controls,ponds etc

again I'm inclined only to believe only when there is documented proof on most issues however i thought i would throw the question out to the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it you've heard? From what I was told Aussie natives are restricted and you can keep 2 restricted species on a wild life permit, sorong, aru, merauke etc are international so you need an international licence to keep them which is an extra 14$. There was a lot of um and argh ing going on though so I doubt the person I was talking to understood what they were telling me.

ALL green tree pythons in QLD are restricted; you can have 2 of any kind on a normal licence (unless you have a woma - it's a total of two of either / both species). There is an international addition that you can add if you wish to keep animals that have an exotic background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back