New Snake Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone:D

Ok I'll cut straight to the chase, my dad, friend and I were building a new snake enclosure today:rolleyes::D, and here's the results so far...

IMGP1480.jpg

IMGP1477.jpg

As you can see, I haven't put any vents in, I was wondering what your opinions are on where to put the vents.... Also, where can I buy them from or can I make them.?:rolleyes:;)

I'm also going to be making it into a rainforest theme. So if anyone has any spare vines they're not using, or no someone that does, I would love to buy them off them.

Thanks in advance
cheers
Trouble

one vent up high on the hot side and one down low on the cool end....
on the sides too not on the back wall.....

put a vent in each corner they can be found at bunnings

thats a pretty neat enclosure
what are the dimensions

Thanks stringbean
I'm not sure on the dimentions, its one of those 2 tier cabinets you can get from 'The Warehouse':rolleyes::D, and then I just converted it into an enclosure to my liking, only took 3hrs.:rolleyes:;)

Does anyone (in QLD) know of somewhere I can get clear perspecs for the enclosure?

Ah ok cool
Thanks gozz, I'll check him out thanks for that :D

B U M P I T Y
U
M
P

Hi there trouble
We have a pine enclosure with glass front, with top and side opening wooden doors. It has vents drilled through the wood. There is about 20 small holes drilled together in various positions around the enclosure. This may work for you instead of buying vents - just don't drill them too big cause I'd hate for your snake to escape. You can also get perspex from Bunnings or register at freecycle.org and list some as wanted in your area. Your enclosure looks great too!!:D

i love that openenable door idea, is that going to be the snakes hide box?

you can get perspex from bunnings as well. i have a couple of enclosures i used uv stabilized perspex on i think it is a bit safer and easier to work with than glass the clarity is good couple of tips for longevity of clear plastics is never clean them in a circular motion straight up and down motion or side to side only and only use cotton cloths. the vents are between $5-$10 dollars for 2.ps like the opening door to the hide box i know a very experienced breeder who uses a similar idea on his cages.

I helped build this, and because Trouble isn't here to answer everyone...

Yes, the area with the door is going to be the hide as well. Eventually, a rainforest backdrop is going to be put into place and some vines are going to connect the top shelf with the bottom one, and a vine from that one to the floor. Also, some fake plants are going to be stuck onto the backdrop.

This enclosure is going to house a spotted python, named Trousa, who has the word RUM on his neck, but anyway...

~ taipan24

Thanks for that taipan24

Yes Indeed you did help, and you gaveme half the ideas :lol:. Does anyone know where I can get a rainforest background from, I'll put a wanted post up when I can't find anyone that can lead me in the right direction to some. I LOVE TROUSA :lol:

as gozz said simon at everything reptile in manly is the man to see iff doesnt have a background hell know were to get it. i wouldnt go perspex its easy to scratch i have glass in all of mine and once again simon is the go to man for that aswell, he is good to get to know he is very helpful

Thanks nutta,

The only reason I am going with perspecs is because the glass will be too thick to go into the track.

Thanks nutta,

The only reason I am going with perspecs is because the glass will be too thick to go into the track.

??keh??

Thin perspex is very flexible. If you are considering it for use as sliding doors most species will most likely squeeze out between the sheets.

I tend to use 4mm glass but have 3mm glass sliding doors, about 700mm, high in some older ones that have worked well.

Glass will most likely work our cheaper also.

I kno that perspecs if flexible, thats why I'm only using 1 sheet.
the piece has to be 540mm x 425mm. 5mm or less to fit into the track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back