Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyTheBredl

Reaction score
hey guys, matt here from Geelong :) Im completely new to snakes, but do own a shingle back lizard and blue tounge. Within the next month im buying a hatchling Central/Inland carpet python, purely for the size they get to and the care/heat required to keep them happy. picked up the tank tonight, a 4x1.5x1.5 fish tank on stand I will modify for the heating, ventilation needed for a python. I will put foam on the outter sides of the tank to keep it warmer.. Please post up any info you have about these snakes or any care sheets you find interesting.. Thanks heaps, matt :D

Attachments

• PICT0380.JPG
    PICT0380.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 79
I thought they were the same ;) uhm ill have to search up what is the easier one to keep in a tank like this one I guess. I really like the colours of Womas but unfortunatly they are bossy and I wont be able to keep them happy in a tank like this.. I think i might make a Melamine one soon :)

yeah i read up they can be really agressive and hard to handle etc so I steered clear of them. And price is also a big issue, i dont have billions to blow on one. This tank is only temporary, I am looking into buying and modiying a tv cabinet soon ;)

I dont know where you are but my Woma cost me less than half as much as my Bredli did. My Woma is a sweet heart with heaps of personality as most Womas are but my Bredli has given me quite a few bites as did the first one I owned. Womas can have a pyscho reaction to food but so far mine never has

You won't need that size tank for a hatchling, you will stress it out and have an unhappy snake. There's a sticky on how to build a click clack (someone may link this for you) then gradually upsize this until there big enough to go into the bigger enclosure =] centrilians are Bredli and inlands are Murray darlings if that helps u =]

Might be a bit of a pain accessing the enclosure if it's a fish tank without a door at the front.. Especially if you plan on using overhead heat lamps.

Edit: unless you use a heat mat and keep the top of the enclosure free for easy access.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I will keep it in a 30litre tub from when I first get it (hopefully around 50cm) and Now im thinking of getting a Woma :D

I got a woma for my third snake.. Initially as a hatchling, she was a bit snappy (the trick is to not tower over them, and approach from behind whilst distracting them), but she's calmed down heaps now..

Even when they do coil up and hiss at you as a hatchling, it's more cute than anything.

Baby womas are the best, definatley friendlier than most hatchie carpets. They're defensive but as soon as you pick them up they're fine, and they soon grow out of that, they are really cool, great feeders, handlers etc.

g`day Monty I have a yearling Bredli and he is fantastic, only tagged once my fault too, he`s a hypo but I want a classic as well. I am picking up a beautiful Tennant creek woma next week, and from all the threads I have read on them and keepers I have spoken with, they are generally up there with the most placid snakes to keep. Maybe because they are such aggressive feeders and look at anything as food makes them appear to be nasty lol, soon I will be able to speak from my own experience and look forward to it!! Good luck with it all hard choice between the two!!
P.S. make sure you look into all our reps; everyone has their favourites!! :)

decided to look for a Tv unit coz the tanks proving to be a beach to get lights in etc.. So keep your eyes open it might be for sale very soon around $125-150 with stand and light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back