new to this site

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pommypaul

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanting any info on keeping a spotted python hatchie,not bought 1 yet wanting to get set up and ready,so any info on housing,heat,lighting would be awsome THANX

G'day mate yay another hervey bay bloke anyway if you get a hatchie you will need to keep it in a "click clack" which in simple terms is just a small tub container of some sort which needs holes drilled through the lid and the sides for ventilation small enough so the snakes head doesnt fit through them bout 4mm to start off with.........you will also need a hide in the tub and a water bowl down one end big enough for him her to get into to have a good soak if its too hot or is coming up for a shed....and a substrate on the bottom easiest is to use newspaper but i use paper towel....heating you can use heat mats cords ect i use infared heat lamps set to a thermostat at 32 degrees hot end this needs to be on the opposite end to your water bowl...............i just hung them over the top of the tubs of one end...... great first snake easy to handle and normally just a good all round snake NORMALLY you do get the odddddd pain in the A** but above all good choice......

Good luck let us know how you go........:D

spotteds and bredli amongst the rest of em ............................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back