New Yellow Spotted Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudimans

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello APS

Just got this little 'girl' on friday night. God she's cute. I'm already in love, so much more active and inquisitive than our snakes and you should see her eat, it's adorable :D I'm looking forward to building an outdoor enclosure when she's big enough. Here's some pics, enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_9696.jpg
    IMG_9696.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_9682.jpg
    IMG_9682.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 241
Once shes out she calms down but i don't want to overdo it so i'm going to try and limit how much i handle her

TewentyB told me not to handle my Sandy until hes 18mnths, then he'll settle down and should be quite tame. I had to get him out 2 weeks ago because he had to get checked because i thought he was ill, and he didnt trust me for a week after that. Hissing and everything....

I've been told that these guys can be handled quite regularly but only for a couple of minutes at a time until they are more comfortable with you. Apparently they may huff and puff but rarely bite, apparently.... :)

Mine never tail whips and has never bitten me..i hand feed him all the time to get him used to me and only once he has mistaken my hand for food lol..
Shes gunna get big sooon...8]

I used to have a 2 year old spencers that was a bit huffy and puffy in his cage and while you were pulling him out, but once he was out and in your lap he was fine.
Be careful though because I got peed and shat all over a few occasions.

Be careful though because I got peed and shat all over a few occasions.

LOL That sounds nasty. I've had snakes do their buisiness on me and i can't say i look forward to having this litlle girl doing it, especially when she gets a bit of size to her.

Nice little lizard, by far the best herps we are allowed to keep here. Here is an old pic, sort of looks like their standing at a bar :lol:
attachment.php

Thats awesome Cris, how old and big are they in that pic, they look to be a decent size. Do they tolerate a bit of handling or are they display animals only?

aww, what a cutie!!

and Cris, thats an awesome pic! :)

Thats awesome Cris, how old and big are they in that pic, they look to be a decent size. Do they tolerate a bit of handling or are they display animals only?

They would have been about 3-4 months old, at a guess a bit under 300mm SV. They probably would adjust to handling fairly well in time, just take small steps and avoid stressing them and they are smart enough to work out you mean no harm. If you are grabbing and restraining it heaps it will probably just learn that you are a pest that may be dangerous. Its almost a shame that they adust to humans so well because their defensive stance is quite impressive, here is another old pic of a hatchy in defensive stance, they think they are so tough :lol:

Lol Cris. You should of added two bottles of beer!!

I would have if i had photoshop :(

Attachments

• panoptes.jpg
    panoptes.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 891
Any more for sale where they came from ? PM me if so- been looking for a nice yellow spotty for a while.

Cheers

Panoptes is my favourite moniter, they look solid as.
How big can they grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back