Nightime heating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I am just about to start building a lid for my 2ft tank which will house baby Bearded Dragons. I was just wonder if i should install some kind of nightime heating? I was thinking of a ceramic heater, because it is in y room and i dont want a red light on whilei am sleeping. Do you think it is Necessary for me to do this?

Regards Ether

that or a good heat mat are normally used ive heard. make sure you have hides both on warm and cool sides. a heat mate should cover 1/3 to 1/2 the floor area i think, no more. cheers.

Oz Purple Night Heat & Light Globes are good value they dont emit that much light and the light that they do give off simulates moonlight, so it doesnt disrupt your reptiles nighttime activities (or yours)

Yeh that sounds like a good option. Looks like i will be paying your store a visit in the not too distant future!

Regards Ether

Do people think it would be necassery or me to put cages around my heat globes? This is in relation to a bearded dragon cage.

Regards Ether

some of my enclosures have a wooden box, painted and estapoled.
Open under neath these are attached to the side of the enclosure and have a 25watt red bulb that acts as a radiant heat source from underneath and a heat mat from above.
Very cheap to produce. Is used in conjunctio with other lights
Peter

We've never used night heating for Beardies. They've even stayed outside overnight accidentally {Due to unforseen and unchangeable circumstances}.
When do they get night heating in nature?
Are we wrong? Are we damaging them. The eldest is 7 years old and really healthy.
Em

I imagine they would camp out on rocks warmed by the sun during the day. not sure how much useful heat rocks might retain though. I suppose they just bask and warm up again in the morning. As long as night temp didnt drop too low, i cant see how they be harmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back