Nymph update - horrible "episode" this morning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Reply

Does it have a respiratory infection, when the trachea is blocked with mucous they have those muscle contractions to try and clear it.

Zo take him to Bredan, he sounds like a very good vet. The fact he won't help you out over the phone is only fair, he wouldn't want to give you the wrong answers over something he hasn't seen.
Secondly it's his living you can't expect him give that out for free.
Take it to him, do whatever it takes $99 isn't much even if it is a waste, someone that highly recommended by people can't be half bad.

The same with Robert he is an exellent vet but wouldn't be able to do much without seeing.
I took my snakes to Robert and he was very good and does all he can and tells you how it is.
He also told me that he has a few keepers that freight their snake to him when they have a problem as they don't trust anyone, i don't like the idea because freighting a sick snake would be stressful to it.

Best of luck with him Zo hope he gets better soon.

Steve and Naomi.

I had a young stimmie do this exactly as you desribed once and she died after one of these fits :(.
I have two vets for you to try thier not in melbourne but they are in vic. First the warby st vetinary clinic in Wangaratta vic Dr Rena Geroe is excellent for herps thier she had removed tumors from one of mine before. The second is the moama vetinary clicnic just over the border speak to Dr Debbie Grice she is also pretty good with herps. Good luck Zoe :)

Ps these are just the ones i used. My mate the owner of the Ballarat wildlife and reptile park uses Bredan Carmel. If i lived in melbourne i would use him too.

Zo take him to Bredan, he sounds like a very good vet. The fact he won't help you out over the phone is only fair, he wouldn't want to give you the wrong answers over something he hasn't seen.
Secondly it's his living you can't expect him give that out for free.

Hey Steve and Nomi :p . Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why they might not want to give consultations over the phone...it's like doing it for free! Plus it can be dangerous to try and diagnose anything without seeing it. And I actually said to the nurse I didn't expect to talk to him. It's just that I was hoping I could find out if he had had any experiences similar cos $99 is a lot to pay to travel for about an hour and a half for someone to say they have no idea! We did that with x-rays ($200) and with surgery ($300) plus all other consultations here and there and I'm just trying to not throw money out the window if there's no point...I hope that doesn't sound like I'm a cheaparse cos I'm not! If he said to me on the phone he had some ideas then I'd gladly go. But I think we may as well just bite the bullet and do it anyway :? . What I was hoping for was one of the vets to say what Lamu and Childreni_440 have said..."Hey I've seen that before and it was this...bring him in and we'll have a look" etc etc. I'd even be happy to pay a phone consultation which I've heard a few vets do...

And thanx childreni...we'll see how we go with Brendan first :) . And paul...twas nice meeting ya finally lol :p

1. nymph - (classical mythology) a minor nature goddess usually depicted as a beautiful maiden; "the ancient Greeks believed that nymphs inhabited forests and bodies of water"
2. nymph - a larva of an insect with incomplete metamorphosis (as the dragonfly or mayfly)
3. nymph - a voluptuously beautiful young woman

Let it be known that we called him Nymph when we thought "he" was a "she"!

Thats exactly what made me ask what a nymph was....

if it said- our sick coastal, Nymph.

would of been more clear. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lol if you misunderstood that you're gonna have a lot of trouble understanding some other people's posts! And occasionally some more of mine :lol:

And hey, I did use a capital N :lol: ;)

Gilleni has been on the sauce! Good onya buddy :)

Ouzo honey, have you got Nympho into that new cage yet ? eh? Well? Have you? Have you?

Luke's setting it up now Phil...we'll leave it on overnight and see if we can get some decent temps out of it. Just had to change his bulb and when i touched him his head kept shaking for a sec every time I did it :( . Got some footage but it's pretty bad :?

Maybe I'm just tired but I have no idea what you're talking about lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back