Odd jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try n get some updated photo's tomorrow, all are eating and have sloughed a couple of times, some were slower than others but all going well.

Those have converted me from - "meh jungles they're ok" to "Wow I want one of those stripey jungles"

awesome to see pics :) and glad to hear they survived...they are some cracker jungles

047.jpg 050.jpg 051.jpg Just taken these few, not the best shots in poor light bu gives some idea of their progress, 1st in this series of shots showing lovely colour

The second one in the second lot of pics is so amazing :D

Can someone explain how the incubation could play a role in the patterns?

wow amazing. id be hanging onto them all. ive had afew stripes from my montgomery female, but nothing like what you have there

There is a theory that improper incubating temps can cause striping, these were incubated at the correct temp but had a temp spike of 34 degree's for a few hours on a hot day a week prior to hatching. I was aiming for some striping but was a little suprised when these guys poped out. The temp spike was not intentional.

Not only do they have cool stripes but some of those head patterns are awesome too :)

Definitely something I would hold onto!

There is a theory that improper incubating temps can cause striping, these were incubated at the correct temp but had a temp spike of 34 degree's for a few hours on a hot day a week prior to hatching. I was aiming for some striping but was a little suprised when these guys poped out. The temp spike was not intentional.

Does this mean paterns develop very late in the whole process?

It would be cool to be able to get it down to a fine science and produce stripes like that all the time. Thanks for the explanation.

Anyone have a link/examples of other strange stripes due to incubation temps?

I was under the impresion from literature that it is usually low incubation temps that cause stripes. I don't have any further information than that but would like some references on the subject by legitimate sources. Please post some if you have any.

045.jpg This guy is the strongest feeder at the moment and probably be the first to mature, just starting shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back