Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and they would pronaly be wat 1500 dollars

Probably more like 10 times that when they first become available to the general public.
There have been claims they get really big but there are no official records, as i have said before noone actually knows for sure what the biggest australian snake is.

Found this picture

Last edited:
Some snakes should be left in the wild where they belong.Oenpellis happen to be one of those.

Some snakes should be left in the wild where they belong.Oenpellis happen to be one of those.

I'm not at all wanting to argue and ask this mostly out of curiosity. Why is it that you put Oenpelli Pythons in this category?

Incidentally, I agree that some species shouldn't be in captivity - Bandy Bandies and several other small elapids come to mind, but why Oenpellis? Is it just that they are not yet firmly established in captivity and so you'd rather it stayed that way? If there were thousands in captivity merrily living and breeding after 20 generations, would it upset you? If Black-headed Pythons were not in captivity yet, would you want it to stay that way? Is it something to do with most of their distribution being on aboriginal owned land? Is it okay for them to be eaten by natives but not cared for and bred in captivity even if the aboriginal people say they are happy for us to take some? Do you think they are particularly difficult to care for?

I'd be thrilled if a government owned zoo or highly competant private individual was given permits to collect 20 hatchlings to start a breeding program with (yes, I know collecting 20 hatchlings wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, but with a few slabs of beer on offer up there it wouldn't take long to get them!). Even if the permit was for 20 juveniles or adults, the impact on the population would be utterly negligible.

Once again I'll point out that I'm not trying to mock you or come across as disrespectful, I'm just having trouble seeing where you're coming from as I can't think of any reason to make sure people don't have the ability to enjoy, appreciate and learn about them.

, but with a few slabs of beer on offer up there it wouldn't take long to get them!)

Is this an intentional racial slur or perhaps a "Gibsonian slip"?

Or is my cynicism taking me on leaps that are not there?

Is this an intentional racial slur or perhaps a "Gibsonian slip"?

Or is my cynicism taking me on leaps that are not there?
I think what Sdaji means is, if you offered someone a few slabs of beer and the permit to catch them they'd be there in a shot. I honestly don't think he's implying you bribed the local aborigines with beer.

Well put Sdaji i typed almost the same thing in my substandard english but decided it would probably be taken as an attack or something.

I dont think Sdaji was being racist at all, some ppl just like to take things the wrong way because they cant think beyond racial crap. I know if i had anything to do with it i would let someone take them for a six pack and im a european hybrid.

Racist? Lots of white fellas I know drink beer too. I know Japanese people who love beer. I enjoy beer once in a while, I don't recall implying that someone likes to drink beer being an insult or in any way racist. What's wrong with people these days? Political correctness is consuming us!

A Chinese friend of mine was in my car today, he saw my breathalyzer and realised I must drink alcohol from time to time and told me off... was he being racist (which ethnic group am I supposed to be allied to anyway? :lol: ).

...yes, don't bother pointing it out, he is a very conservative guy!

the government up that way must be racist too then.they even put signs up saying "no alcohol allowed past this point"

Racist? Lots of white fellas I know drink beer too. I know Japanese people who love beer. I enjoy beer once in a while, I don't recall implying that someone likes to drink beer being an insult or in any way racist. What's wrong with people these days? Political correctness is consuming us!

A Chinese friend of mine was in my car today, he saw my breathalyzer and realised I must drink alcohol from time to time and told me off... was he being racist (which ethnic group am I supposed to be allied to anyway? :lol: ).

...yes, don't bother pointing it out, he is a very conservative guy!

There does not appear to be an answer in this reply....

I am fairly sure you can see the source of the inference, Aboriginal alcohol issues are no great secret....and I know you are aware that your ethnicity is no excuse or exemption from racism, so your breathalyzer story is kind of patronising.

Perhaps you are just looking for a new source of debate....which would be kind of of ironic since I only queried your racism in a personal search of debate :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back