Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry that this has happened. I've told (numerous times) that a snake will not eat a meal that is too big for it. I worry that I give meals that are too small , but I guess that is safer in the long run.

Who ever says that hasnt got a clue, snakes will even attempt to eat things that they have no chance at all of even getting down and it can take them quite a while to realise this before they spit out what they have managed to partcially devour.

They may be cute but not always that bright :p

I never feed huge prey, I feed once a week on something smaller. Water python gets an adult mouse, Coastal gets a small adult rat. I noticed she found it easier to put her lower jaw back to after a meal as well - she looked like she had a slack lip for a while on huge rats and no probs now

ETA another small snake I was looking at decided to strike, constrict and try and swallow my wrist :shock: Not a chance in hell it could have but it decided to try anyway - it would only have been 70cm long! So no ... some of them have no clue what the limit is

Sad news Adazz. I think a weaner MOUSE would have been a better choice.

The only time I had trouble was an obese mouse fed to my adult stimmie. The size was appropriate, but the mouse was so fatty that she regurgitated it a couple of days later. That was truly disgusting, but she was okay. I learned my lesson and stick to lean animals now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back