Orange Naped Snake question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again you shoot your mouth of without knowing all the facts Gordon.

Falconboy contacted us long ago with a request for a specific species. It is reasonable to assume that he was familiar with the species.

Recently that species became available and Falconboy was so informed. He was also informed that it is a wild caught snake and all the possible consequences of that as well as that it's his responsibility to ensure that he is properly licensed and able to care for that species. Under the circumstances now revealed he would not have been able to get an import permit, is not licensed for that species, and consequently cannot get the snake.

How does that change what i said Gavin? You were going to sell a snake to someone who clearly does not have the experience to care for it. But that's fine cause you told him it was wild caught. Perfectly fine.

Under the circumstances now revealed he would not have been able to get an import permit, is not licensed for that species, and consequently cannot get the snake.

You know that for a fact do you? You spoke to NPWS did you? My advice is quite different, that if one can be sourced NPWS will put it on my licence. Not every species able to be kept is actually printed on the NSW keepers list, or it would be a small book.

Secondly, a very similar snake, a red naped is clearly listed as a class 1 snake that ANY keeper can purchase if they source one - theres no 'proof' of knowledge required. So before anyone starts about not being able to care for them, with a bit of research and the backup of a whole web forum with tonnes of experienced snake keepers, I have absolutely no doubt I could manage, and any issues along the way could be quite easily handled. Secondly I was stuck as to how much I could actually find out as there is limited keeping advice on a snake thats rarely kept in the first place. In addition, I initially only half investigated due to the fact that I never thought one would become available, so yes, it was a bit rushed.

I didn't change my mind because I didn't think I COULD handle it, I changed my mind because I decided I didn't WANT to handle it, and I didn't want to spend $400 on a wild caught snake that I'd probably have buckleys chance of ever pairing up with another, with no knowledge of age, health, etc from a source, after receiving advice, I decided against dealing with - if you really must know - and on thinking about it, I'm very glad I did. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back