Our Beautiful Boy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Our beautiful boy 'yellowbeard' is in hospital. He has been there since monday and is still there. He is getting his mouth cleaned out and having a course of antibiotics.
He has an abcess in his mouth, which in turn has affected his eye.
What would cause this to a vitti?

He is the most gorgeous placid thing, if you put him on your chest like a broach he just doesn't move.

Here is a pic of him. His normal colour is a cream body with a gold beard. This pic was taken under a light.

Great photo! Sorry to here that hope he recovers too..

Real purdy beardy and great pic too! Hope the lil guy gets better soon so u can have ur baby boy back at home :D

Our beautiful boy came home on Wednesday, his mouth was still a bit swollen...has to be kept warm (vets advice to keep night and day heat up so his natural reptile healing will take place) and given soft foods to eat.
He looks great today....wouldn't of known he has been not well, had his course of antibiotics and have been told just to keep an eye on him.
'Yellowbeard' would be irreplacable!

I hope he gets well dude. Keep us updated.

there are competitions going around for the best photo. That is one great shiot. Enter it somewhere.

Your Land Mullet is irreplacable too Fay, Are you going to the South Coast Show this year? Will you be at the meeting on Monday night?

Simone.

Thanks Peter, that was a nice thing to say.....do you like the real aussie background? HEHE

By the way from 'yellowbeard' a big thank you for the vet and his staff, Mike Cannon.

Hey Simone,
I will be there on Monday night...I am on holidays!
Yes we have four animals entered in the show.....not the Land Mullet this time...hey Simone do you know when land mullets have babes (what month) I am sure one of ours is pregnant, either that or it is eating too much!!

To answer your question about what could cause the infection, I assume you are talking about the related eye problem?
Excess tears run via the nasolacrimal ducts and vent into the lizzies mouth where they can be swallowed, thus a direct pathway exists for infection to spread from the mouth to the eye.
Yes he is very pretty too :D

Heheheheh to be honest Fay i wouldn't know. Marcia is rediculously fat at the moment but i have over fed her. I always thought there bubs were in March but don't quote me. I got my pearler off John Cann and i think he might be the best person to ask. He was really helpful with me. Catch you at the meeting. I'm debating on putting in my Forest dragons or my diamond python.

Simone.

P.S. So glad Yellowbeard is much better, hes gorgeous

hey guys, im thinking about going to the meeting for my first time, do you recomend going? and what do i need to do if i do decide to eneter a herp in this 'show'

Its on Monday night at the Fairy Meadow Community Hall on the Princes Hwy. To enter the show in April i believe you have to be a member of the society. I'm pretty sure Gerry Swan is doing the talk at the next meeting and he is awesome.

Simone.

ye i know all about it i was going to go to the last 1 but mum injured hersef, isnt it mike cannon this coming metting?

Hi Spike,
I really enjoy going to this club but can't always get there, but Garth goes every month and sells rats there if he has any to sell.
Come along and see if you enjoy it. Come and say hello most people know who we are.
To participate in the show you have to be a current member, I don't know if joining up now is too late!

yer i know people like stuart , chris and david yardly down there, i went to the 1 in the city but the people there wernt very social but it was still fun , i will join up at the end of the meeting if i like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back