Our place tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After my first 5 years up here with the attendant adventures I revisited my my home suburb. People told me of the couch they bought 2 years ago and the Commodore/ Falcon they bought 4 years before that.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

These were the highlights!

May the spuds stay where they are and folk with a sense of life unlike television continue to arrive.

and yes Gordo they are very similar words and concepts!

I currently work with people, some of whom are older than me, who have NEVER been out of the local region in their entire lives...and, what's more, don't ever intend to do so??? I mean, why leave when everything you want is right here!!Understandable for the 18th century, but, in this modern day and age????

I don't think you have to worry too much about the local "spuds", Steve:)!

After my first 5 years up here with the attendant adventures I revisited my my home suburb. People told me of the couch they bought 2 years ago and the Commodore/ Falcon they bought 4 years before that.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

I never wanted to live a life marked out by the acquisition of material goods. Yet that does seem to be what a lot of people in the city do. Not all, but quite a few. New car, new lounge suite, latest fashions, latest iPhone... and on it goes. People talk about this stuff because it's what they do. They work like crazy and buy plasma TVs and double-door stainless steel fridges - and in the end that's all they have to talk about.

It's only after moving to Cairns that I realise how goddamn bored I was in Melbourne. I don't know how it compares to the Territory, but I feel more challenged and alive here. Maybe that comes with moving from the city to a regional town - and one 3000 kilometres away in a different state to boot - but this place feels like home in a way Melbourne never did. It also feels like there's still an opportunity to make a mark here and that there are opportunities that I'd never have in Melbourne. Now all I have to do is learn how to find them!

You'll do well wherever you go Ren. You have the open eyes required for an interesting life. Many dont, there are many human sheep.

Isn't it 'Balanda'?

Play on words Balanda/ Blander, just a missing a.

Last edited:
I'm a balanda,not quite blander, but also bin called a budju.
I belong this mob up here.
Local speak.

True.

You'll do well wherever you go Ren. You have the open eyes required for an interesting life.

Thanks, Steve. I just have to overcome a bit of shyness, but I think I'm finally getting there. :)

but also bin called a budju.
I belong this mob up here.
Local speak.

True.

Now that's funny, we may have met before, cause I know a few balanda budju's, none of whom were bland either:)!

"Don't be Shame, be Game"!

It's only after moving to Cairns that I realise how goddamn bored I was in Melbourne. I don't know how it compares to the Territory, but I feel more challenged and alive here. Maybe that comes with moving from the city to a regional town - and one 3000 kilometres away in a different state to boot - but this place feels like home in a way Melbourne never did. It also feels like there's still an opportunity to make a mark here and that there are opportunities that I'd never have in Melbourne. Now all I have to do is learn how to find them!

"There's good light in Broome"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, getting likes for my budju comment , that's hilarious.

Mein Muk guys : )

Ya never know IV we coulda bin drinking buddies once or twice he he

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back