outdoor pit make over

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys :) hey pugs it is funny tryin to get in lol ive already broken 1 crate :):):):):)

Hey Hobbo...sweet pit.
just a couple of Q's cos i'm not to familiar with pits, how does it go in the winter, to you need to give them some sort of heat source??.
and did u have to knock a few holes in the botton of the pool for drainage?? i guess they are all good swimmers if you have a good down pour...just thought i'd ask and get a few ideas for myself. once again real nice pit!!!

cheers
Andrew

If the reptiles are local to your area then no heating etc is necessary at all...

Looks good Hobbo. I like the hollow stump. Personally though, i would have bark chips as ground cover. They dry quickly after heavy rain, whereas sand can stay damp(even sloppy) for a long time after rain.

But anyway, good stuff!

TANN-MANN no heating is required as all the lizards are native to my area. there is noi bottom on the pool just sand and weed mat to stop the weeds
serpenttongue the sand is deep enough i hope to absorb most of the water ( i hope)
x_aussie_bloke_x NO i dont catch my herp i BUY them :)

Michael he details the whole thing earlier in the post lol.

looks fantastic mate. good job. i bet your proud.
cheers
mel

yeah we are wrapped with it :):) compaired to what it looked like last week :)

I agree with serpentongue on not using the sand, atleast not for the whole pit. I have similar setups with just the natural earth floor. You may also want to add some more logs on the ground for a bit of climbing and perching for the dragons. Also be wary of predator access. Oh and I use the milk crate idea too!

hi snake hunter i tried a natural bottom but i couldnt keep the grass and weeds under controland it got really bad to the point that i was worried that i might stand on a bluie or even the turtle :( , so im trying the sand to see how it goes:)

gotta love the milk crates :):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back