outdoor pit make over

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 bluies 1 pair of beardies 1 ewd and one turtle i only want a female ewd now then thats it :)
hey gaz thanks mate :) not too sure at the moment due to its only 1 day old :)

thats a fantastic pit mate nice work. reminds me of the pits i use to have out in the country lol. i had 2 pits (one for the blueys and one for the beardies) i never combined them as i felt they where comfortable seperated plus i had the room for multipul pits anyway lol. nice job on it all round.

awsome pit you've got there. mines made from the same stuff but it has a door. how did u stop your grass problem?

Very nice pit!

I used to have a large above ground pool for a pit too- it was half-in ground and half above, set on a hill in the backyard so the bottom was really ground-level. In Darwin it occasionally flooded in the middle of the night after weeks of heavy rain- cue me out there in a raincoat with a dolphin torch and every pillowcase in the house standing knee-deep in muddy water hoiking out soggy herps at 3am! I kept bluey's, monitors and a turtle in the pit. Whenever the pit flooded all the herps would head for high ground or swim to something floating - I remember one night I came down to rescue everyone and there were 12 northern blueys stacked on top of each other on the highest point in the pit, two monitors up the little tree in there and a tubby centralian bluetongue drifting atop an old floating wooden step. I believe the turtle thought it was christmas ;)
Anyway my point is if you're worried that it will flood, make sure you have a high point in the pit that everybody can climb onto easily and everybody can fit onto at once if they need to. I never had a loss due to flooding.

I had a big mound in the centre of the pit which was made of two rows of 3 besser bricks lined up on their sides with a strip of plastic tarp over them to keep out the water, then covered in dirt with plants on the top and a large flat rock leant over the ends to conceal the entrances- they loved those tunnels!! I also had one section of the pit as an area where I put all my raked-up garden leaves in a pile - thats where the bluey's spent most of their time.

hey mate

any pics of al the blueys?.how big is the ewd and beardies?

awesome, nice pit mate. You gonna put any rocks in around the waterfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back