Paint

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
Paint paint paint. Yep, another paint question. Sorry

I've got a massive tv cabinet enclosure that's a stained timber but I want to paint the stained timber black. I know you're supposed to use non toxic paint but the huge surface area will require a massive amount of non toxic paint to cover it.
Can I use a standard interior house paint to cover it (I've still got glass etc to do there will be plenty of time to air it out)?
I also have a big rockwall etc to paint up. The non toxic paints from craft shops only come in small amounts and again, lots of area to cover.
Am I going to have to spend the dollars on the thin non toxic acrylic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you stain the timber black then seal it with a clear coat or haven't you sanded it back?

Haven't sanded it back yet but was going to so the paint has something to stick too.

How would that go over the already stained/varnished timber. Ill sand it but wasn't going to sand it back to bare timber.
I suppose that would still work as it's a black stain and as long as most of the current varnish is removed, a black stain would look amazing.

Yeah that is the only problem , you would have to sand all the old varnish off but they do look nice. Is this for you jungle?

Yeah. He's not high yellow or anything but I think the black interior would set off the rock wall and greenery etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back