Painting melamine?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehani

Reaction score
Has anybody had success in painting melamine? If so what did you use and how did you apply it as I'd like to paint/stain the interior of one of my enclosures black.

TehaniJai.

HI Tehani,
I painted a enclosure with oil paints.
My misss panite a waterfall and stuff, after this was done I coated the whole enclosure with a Water based sealer from Wattyl(sorry cant remember the name) and then left it for 2 weeks to air out.
I also did the same with a similar enclosure but this was unassembled and this worked outr better for ventilation(duraton of ventilation was 2 days)

Sand the suface lightly then apply a primer thats designed for that job.Then just apply the top coats and it should be good.

Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming!

I WILL get around to getting a sample piece of melamine to find out which method is most suited first, but ...

Do you think tile cement would adhere to it?? Would make a great surface for painting or even better, creating the sand-stone/rock-wall effect :twisted:

Just to add..... I have seen SA's article it is very good and gave me inspiration and idea's..... :) anyway what I posted for was to suggest you put it as an article on APS........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back