Pair up snakes..... HELP.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE all.

I finally got them paired up and ever since they have been in the hide together and all tangled up. not sure if they have locked yet or not. But im happy they are showing interest in each other now :) OH and she shed they next day so maybe thats why she was snappy..

this season I had 2 females show the same signs of aggression towards the male, I did intro trails, my female bhp would not calm down for the male kept biting him (yes all where cooled) so I had to switch them around her in his enclosure him is hers for a day or 2 at a time then left her in his and re introduced the male, eventually she calmed down enough to allow him in the hide with her. took a good 3 weeks till she started to accept him.. 2nd pair females first season she was very enclosure defensive and hated to be touched kept running away and going mental (total freak out) I did a intro trail about 24 hours once a week till she calmed down and got used to him being close to her. they hit it off a month after the other female started locking with same male I did 1 week in each girls enclosures and every 3 weeks gave him 2-3 days brake.

you'll find that they all shed a pre mating shed and then females shed an extra pre lay shed latter on.

also mine locked mostly late in the arvo and around 2am every morning going anywhere from 6 - 34hours at each lock. so even though your not witnessing it doesn't mean its not happening :) good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Most females can be turned on by putting a fresh shed skin from a male in with them two day before you introduce the male

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back