Parkers Enclosures problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

To All members

We would like you to know that APS will be not supporting Parkers Enclosures sponsorship any more.

We are receiving far to many complains about this sponsor, and for that reason their sponsorship will be not renewed.

Also apology to member who did not received price for AFL competition last year sponsored by Parkers Enclosures. That is really low act on Parkers Enclosures behalf.

Below you can see some posts we received from customers. They are reason for our action.
There is more complains in past, but Parkers enclosures usually managed to deliver the products on the end.

Regarding people who complained in open forum; We have policy not to allow complaints against business people in our forum. People who sent post about this to site support did the right think. Thank you.

Example one

On 2 October 2008 I placed an order for an new python enclosure (size 1200 x 445 x 500) from Parker's Enclosures (www.customreptileenclosures.com)...

I paid $445 for the enclosure, $200 for a fake-rock wall and $95 delivery to Melbourne - paid in full on 6 October.

Today is March 11, 2009 - now*209 days*after full payment has been made and the enclosure is nowhere to be seen. I have recently tried asking for my money back, but my request has been denied!

For the really juicy bits (like how I paid another $120 to my own courier to collect from them and then my courier was turned away) you'll need to read below...

If you'd like to help me to get a refund please send a message to member*Auzlizardking*and hopefully he'll come to understand the concept of customer service.

For those of you interested in the rest of story it unfolds as follows...

October 2 - Paid deposit $540
October 6 - Paid balance $200 (total $740 paid)
October 28 - Heard nothing so sent an email asking for update
November 3 - Email received:
"Hi David,
Sorry we have had some family problem and will get into this with in the week so you should have it*early next week.
Cheers,
Darryn"

November 12 - Heard nothing so sent email asking for update
November 14 - Email received:
"Sorry David - The enclosure is made just waitting on the back wall to be finished. It something that can't be rushed and she needs sunny day for the drying between each coat.
So I say it will be send out*early next week."

November 29 - Heard nothing so spoke on the phone - was told it was complete, ready to go and would be sent ... guess when ... "early next week".

December 29 - Still nothing...So sent email suggesting a refund. Darryn rings me and tells me how sorry he is and that it was definitely sent about a month ago! Oh no...where is it?

I'm happy to follow up with the courier, but strange that he can't give me the name or number of the courier company he used... and he has no tracking number. So he tells me*he'll*follow up...

OK then... I guess you could wonder if it was really sent... but I'll trust this guy, no worries. He tells me the courier lost it and he'll very kindly give me another one he happens to have sitting around half-built. That's good customer service!

But he is so angry with his couriers (for losing the enclosure) that he tells me to arrange my own courier to collect this time and he'll refund my original $95 delivery fee.*

OK, fine by me - I'm just excited to finally have my new enclosure.

January 15, 2009 - Email received:
"We are sorry this has happen and I hope this time your enclosure gets to you safe and sound.
Please note Parker's enclosures will take no part in the loss or damage of the enclosure.
Insurance would be advised.
Cheers,
Darryn"

So we've spoken on the phone. We've confirmed that it is ready to collect. I've arranged my own courier (cost me $120, paid in advance, insurance as advised). I get the pickup details, confirm the courier booking and email to Darryn details that my courier will be there to collect on January 19.

January 16 - Email received:
"Thanks David,
Let me know when it arrives.
Cheers,
Darryn"

Yay, in just a few days I'll have it!

February 3 -Nothing. Chase Parker's Enclosures again ... Email received:
"Sorry David for the delay I have been unwell.
Pick up booked in for tomorrow
And I will fix your account up asap too.

Cheers,
Darryn"

Turns out it "wasn't ready" so he "delayed" my courier... no news of fixing up my account.

Uh oh, I'm starting to feel like I've been Nigerian Scammed....

February 16 -No surprises here. Email to ask for confirmation of courier tracking number, because although I booked it in and have a tracking number, that one isn't working.

Chase up with the courier company who tell me that the courier showed up at his place and there was nothing to collect - so they wacked me a $30 'futile pickup fee'

February 16 - Email received:
"Hi David,
I just got back from Victoria (Family in the fire front)*[devastating, my heart is with those who suffered, but wasn't this ordered in October?]
Anyway as said before I stopped the first pick up via an email as I told you but never got to rebook it[hmm...somewhat different story to the emails we've seen here]
- I was given a card to call Northern Transport who I have NOT called yet - so they are lying to you[someone is, that's for sure]and have now ripped you off $30.00 if you have paid that yet - but I did not ("When the driver went back on this date, the sender advised him not to worry about going back at all")[this is what I was told Darryn said to the courier].

As just said I did not recall them for another pick up as I wasn't here.
[So the email from Feb 3 with the words "booked for tomorrow" ????]

This is why I will not deal with freight companies again.
[hmmm....]

I will be on the phone (Oh smart send don't have a phone number do they!!!!!) tomorrow over this. How can they blatantly lied?
[Good point. I'm shocked that someone supposedly in business can blatently lie to customers?]

Not happy,
Darryn"

March 4 - Still nothing so emailed to demand full refund. After all, it has been 6 months!

A few angry emails go by with me demanding a refund and he refusing.

March 11 - recieved today:
"Dear Mr Cordove,
You have not collected your enclosure by the set date Fri, Mar 6, 2009 - We can no longer hold this enclosure anymore for you and this will now be donated to a wild life found. You have also being charged storage fee of $7.00 a day over 60 days - this now comes to a total of $420.00.*
To be paid within 7 days to: ...."

WOW!!!*

So I've shelled out $890 (including courier fees and futile pickup fees), of which Parker's Enclosures has $740, and now he wants another $420!

Help me, the world has gone mad!

-David

Example two
Re: priZe

O.k, thank you, I know you can't do anything I just thought as owner you should be aware. I will keep waiting. thanks for all your replys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by*Slateman
Quote:
Originally Posted by*Hsut77
Slateman,

Mr Parker is claiming that he sent the Prize over 2 months ago. My wife is home every day so if it had been sent I would have had it by now. He claims to have no paperwork for the delivery. I have asked for him to call the company he used to deliver but have not heard back from him. Don't worry about it any further. I really can't be bothered, I hope your onther sponcers live up to their promises when suppling prizes for compatitions. Might make an interesting post topic.

Thanks for your help.

Hsut77
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was told that your price was sent to you 2 months ago.
please contact parkers enclosures about it.
I will contact him, but I am sure that I will never receive my prize.
I think that you are wrong. He have usually problems with timing, but his product is always delivered on the end.

It is possible that your enclosure is sittiong in depo with transport co. for some time.
Wait for another 2 months. His sponsorship is due for renewal.
I will sent you pm before we let him in for another year. If you will not have your price by then, I will not renew his sponsorship.

Sorry about it, I have no controll in this situation, all I can do is trust people that they will act properly.

If we take him off sponsor list, you will be able to write your story to forum. Don't do this while he is sponsor.

Cheers Jan

Example three
Re: Enclosure

Mate o.k I will play the game............ sorry you freight company does not deliver your stuff. Sorry you are unable to hold them acountable for their actions. Sorry you sponcered a comp, a comp mind you that went for*22 weeks*and then took 2 months to get around to supplying what you had promised. Mate just in case I am being unclear, I do not belive you sent the enclosure, but hey, it was a prize, I didn't pay for it, but you certinly did receive the advertising from having your name attached to the comp. All the freight companys that use the sticker books are trackable. Like I said forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by*Auzlizardking
Quote:
How about this, forget the whole thing. This situation has left a rather unsavory taste in my mouth. It was a prize after all, and if it too much hassle to live up to your obligations we will just leave it. I do however suggest that you track down the company that you originally 'sent' the items with and advise them that the package you sent and paid for did not arrive.

This is why we wont freight any more enclosures. Yours and another two had gone missing or damaged over the last year.
I am not rich - so I can't keep building enclosures and sending them out - sorry I thought we where doing the right thing here - I could of just said "too bad buddy that's life" But we just wanted to get you your enclosure.
Thanks for your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Auzlizardking
Hi - Tell me if this sounds fare?
I will build other enclosure for you but you pay for the freight and set up the freight Co.
This way you get your enclosure and also can track it from your end.
Cheers,
Darryn

good on you slatey to many things i have heard about them

Fantastic news slatey. Good on you for looking after your members. Hopefully no more people will get ripped off.

Sponsorship will be cancelled 26.3.09

be carefull everyone. youve got 14 days till your free to cuss...

despite the obvious blunder and trouble above.

he did deliver for free a beardie to my door. out of no were and expected no favours or anything in return. very late one night, beleive it or not delivering an actual enclosure, which he had been working on while sick.

What some storys they are,i feel for the ppl involved in this,but how and why a company like that would be so misleading to those involved.Good on ya Slateman,it had to happen this way....

SLATEMAN strong leadership in a tough situation . might save some broken hearts in the end:cry:

Darryn has had more than enough chances to lift his game........Great decision!

good work Slateman, members rights should always come before sponsers !

he may have problems, but you do not take peoples money and not deliver. that is low.
how many others has he ripped off ?.
cheers:)

just a thought..............
maybe future prizes should be sent to you prior to the contest.
and until it is in your possesion the contest will not run.????
at least then a prize will be recieved.
i have no opinion on the thread.

Great decision, although in my opinion about 12mths too late. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

For anyone still having problems, and would like to recover their money but not sure about their legal options, feel free to get in touch with me regarding how to go about obtaining a 'Statement of Claim' through your local court.

jesus some serious legal issues there.

Very much so, especially if there is quite a few people who can band together with the 'supposed' freight issue always seeming to be the problem.

If it was my business i would not be using this freight compnay or i myself would be questioning the freight company as to where my goods were.

If there is no 'freight' company then there should be quite a few people that can get together to take action against the money they have lost.

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourself.Don't you realise how easy it is for a great wopping huge timber box to go missing in transit?

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourself.Don't you realise how easy it is for a great wopping huge timber box to go missing in transit?

Don't laugh, it's entirely possible... I used to work for a freight company and I can recall one instance in particular where a very large piece of farming machinery went missing on multiple occasions before finally making it to the receiver..... although I guess it did make it in the end.

i know of one enclosure from parkers that was delivered as promised and was sold at a very cheap price. but myself have heard all the negitive responses about parkers. well done APS and slateman for taking this stand, and it great to see that the dollar of a sponser didnt win over. 3 cheers slatey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back