PC, XBox or PS3? Which one and Why?????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

Curious out there the number of people out there that actually play computer these days over the more popular and conventional gamming systems (Nintendo's, Xbox's, PS3's).

Personally I enjoy computers, you have more control with a mouse and more options with a keyboard (you can also use a PS3 or Xbox controller these days), PLUS there are more uses on a computer, also when a part gets old...aka Graphics Card, Mother Board, Processor or RAM you simply upgrade :) Simple.

I am getting my computer back on track as of Thursday...the poor mechanical device has been out for too long...due to lack of funds and buying reptiles and other goodies....BUT it's a perfect time for the bad boi to be fixed...I have 4 days off work and many games to catch up on...
Crysis 2
Assassin's Creed Brother Hood/Revelations
Dragon Age
Modern Warfare
COD
Stalker Series
Etc, Etc The list goes on :)

However I am really excited.
I have the computer plugged into a 24inch screen...I find with some games the oversized Plasma doesn't work as there is too bloody much on the screen too look at haha!

So overall what are your opinions and which gamming device do you prefer and why?

Cheers

I have all 3 :D

Started of with an Xbox 360, had too many friends playing on PS3 so bought that (more for the blue-ray player though), BUT my favourite would be my ASUS Gamers Republic gaming laptop! I have now stopped playing the 360 completely, occasionally play Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 on the PS3, but am addicted to StarCraft 2 and Battlefield 3 on my Laptop :D

I have all 3 :D

Started of with an Xbox 360, had too many friends playing on PS3 so bought that (more for the blue-ray player though), BUT my favourite would be my ASUS Gamers Republic gaming laptop! I have now stopped playing the 360 completely, occasionally play Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 on the PS3, but am addicted to StarCraft 2 and Battlefield 3 on my Laptop :D

Hahaha thats another topic...Laptops Vs PC's lol If you can afford a laptop by all means good on ya ;) but I custom build my computer and works out deadly cheap and insanely quick! I have never played Starcraft! Battlefield 3 however...Fo Sure haha

Well.... There should certainly be a few differing opinions on here.

I recently bought a PS3 and Skyrim... and now I have no life.... lol

Well.... There should certainly be a few differing opinions on here.

I recently bought a PS3 and Skyrim... and now I have no life.... lol

Hahahaha No life can be good sometimes...in small doses! I have heard of Skyrim....hmm is it any good? Its a typical RPG right? What are graphics, gameplay etc etc like? I love Dragon Age (origin's, awakening and the 7 add ons) the characters attack smoothly and game play is excellent and gives many and many hours of gameplay...last time i played i clocked up 100 hours and still hadn't finished!

lol i don't have a preference really i play xbox 360, ps3, nintendo ds (go pokemon!!),pc just depends on the type of games for me :)

Hahaha thats another topic...Laptops Vs PC's lol If you can afford a laptop by all means good on ya ;) but I custom build my computer and works out deadly cheap and insanely quick! I have never played Starcraft! Battlefield 3 however...Fo Sure haha

yea my brother custom builds his.. a bit hard to mave around for LAN parties though :p I was considering getting him to build me one when my super generous loving wife bought my the gaming laptop as a surprise gift! Little did she know she now has to compete with the laptop for my attention :p And mate... get on to Starcraft!!!

I love it. Graphics are pretty good. Extremely easy to get engrossed for hours. I like that it is so highly variable; heaps of quests and adventures and so many customisable aspects to your character. Everyone's different though so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I've been pretty game deprived before now but it's very similar to Fall Out, only I like it more because of the mythological aspet - it's a lot closer to Norse mythology than life after a nuclear war...

P.S. I'm up to about 65 hours of gaming and there is heaps and heaps to do!

I love it. Graphics are pretty good. Extremely easy to get engrossed for hours. I like that it is so highly variable; heaps of quests and adventures and so many customisable aspects to your character. Everyone's different though so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I've been pretty game deprived before now but it's very similar to Fall Out, only I like it more because of the mythological aspet - it's a lot closer to Norse mythology than life after a nuclear war...

P.S. I'm up to about 65 hours of gaming and there is heaps and heaps to do!

Mate I would also recommend Dragon age. Give it a go and you will be super glad you did :) MASSIVE

yea my brother custom builds his.. a bit hard to mave around for LAN parties though :p I was considering getting him to build me one when my super generous loving wife bought my the gaming laptop as a surprise gift! Little did she know she now has to compete with the laptop for my attention :p And mate... get on to Starcraft!!!

Yeah the power from PS's over laptops is not comparible so if you get a chance build that PC...You won't regret it :)

Thanks Skelhorn, I will look in to it :) I think I should go play some Skyrim now.... Hmmmm...

Yeah the power from PS's over laptops is not comparible so if you get a chance build that PC...You won't regret it :)

My laptop specs: i7, quad core, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM.
Plays anything you can throw at it! (For now anyway :p). Might get a PC further down the line once I've got some more space - damn reptiles take up too much :p

a console will never match up to an above mid range system (IE DECENT graphics card and cpu)
games for consoles (and unfortunately those ported to pc from console) are dumded down so bloody much it's sickening (due to the limitations of a console control system)
not to mention a console will NEVER match bleeding edge pc hardware, because it's released every few months, bigger and better every time.
so yea, pc all the way for a serious gamer, and console for the casuals.
of course, it's slowly getting harder, because money from games is in consoles, so, ever so slowly, there is less invested into really good pc games programming :( *sniff* it's a sad sad thing to see happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a playstation 3, I quite enjoy it. I bought Mafia 2 the other day... and finished the game in two days :oops:

Can't wait for GTA 5, I hope they have more motorcycles :D

The only game I play on the pc is The Sims 3. Very addictive game, and I'm glad they've made it so much better than the first game, your sims no longer complain that they can't move because there's a plate in the way :lol:

Ps3, simple Bill Gates is a tool!!

I'm happy enough with the PS3. The hackers get a little annoying from time to time, and the network shutting itself down due to other hackers compromising the system had me considering a platform change. Anyway, I'm still having fun with the PS3. Anyone who wants to add me, feel free - username: C4_UNDERPANTS :)

I havent played anything in years but if Guild wars 2 comes out this year I'm going all out on a new computer and giving it ago. PC all the way! ;)

a console will never match up to an above mid range system (IE DECENT graphics card and cpu)
games for consoles (and unfortunately those ported to pc from console) are dumded down so bloody much it's sickening (due to the limitations of a console control system)
not to mention a console will NEVER match bleeding edge pc hardware, because it's released every few months, bigger and better every time.
so yea, pc all the way for a serious gamer, and console for the casuals.
of course, it's slowly getting harder, because money from games is in consoles, so every so slowly, there is less invested into really good pc games programming :( *sniff* it's a sad sad thing to see happen.

This. That is all.

Hahahaha No life can be good sometimes...in small doses! I have heard of Skyrim....hmm is it any good? Its a typical RPG right? What are graphics, gameplay etc etc like? I love Dragon Age (origin's, awakening and the 7 add ons) the characters attack smoothly and game play is excellent and gives many and many hours of gameplay...last time i played i clocked up 100 hours and still hadn't finished!

lets just say if you want to finish all those other games, buy skyrim after.

took me ages to get off my lazy butt, stop playing skyrim, man up and play my copy of AC revelations. back to skyrim now though ;)

if u spend around $1500 you will have a computer that will run pritty much any game on the highest graphics + all the other advantages a computer has over a console

Status
Not open for further replies.