Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricko

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just saw an ad for a perentie on the herptrader and its 8 months old and they want $5000. Just wandering if anyone on this site has one? Also if people in other states are allowed to keep them as im pretty sure you can not have them where im from(vic).

Cheers Rick

just saw it.

my first reaction was holy sheeeeeeet. imo thats worth the 5k rather than a GP

i think the bloke at snakesnt has one... it was posted on here a while back

They are bred most years by a breeder in Central Qld. I am sure that hatchlings sell for $3000ea. I think its a bit steep to add $2000 for 8 months growth I find it hard to believe it costed that much for maybe 6 months care in food and maintainance

do you keep perentie's Bob? are you allowed to keep them in nsw? and i have also seen them for about $3000 a while ago on the herptrader. dont think i would like to get in the way of an adult perentie that is hungry.

Bob,
I remember you telling me in a PM about that guy - I did see on Herptrader within the past year a guy who was selling hatchies for $4000. I think $5000 is steep for 8mths aswell. For an adult, I think that's a fair price, but not a juvie.

Simon Archibald

Ricko,
Yes we can keep them here in NSW - they are a Class 2 licence animal. Meaning, you need 2 years keeping experience (as a guideline), 2 references and must be over 18 yrs old.

Simon Archibald

Id keep a perentie over a GTP anyday...at least perenties move

Ricko,

No I do not keep them. I value my fingers to much for that :shock:

Do Perenties develop colour as they mature?

Neil, it must be a typo $700 sounds good for an adult spencers.

they are born brightly coloured, but fades as they age

Hey,
Can someone explain why perenties are so special and expensive. I have never heard of the before? Are they hard to breed or something?

Regards Ether

Thanks Tommo,
thats what I thought, like a lot of monitors really.

not to many people breed them and only experienced keepers could keep such a large lizard. most monitors are expensive.

they are a Class 2 licence animal. Meaning, you need 2 years keeping experience (as a guideline), 2 references and must be over 18 yrs old

sheesh all you need in vic to get an advanced licence is money :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back