person tagged 7 times by brown

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be scary, bleeding from your eyes and ears :shock:
The joys of haemotoxic venom. As Haemolysis begins to occur you start bleeding from all your mucous membranes. Her gums prolly started bleeding to..........God i love snake venoms, they are such intricate assasins with the combination of effects they can cause.

makes alot of sense then jonno, because dont king browns pump in alot of venom.... so getting bitten 7 times would be a hell of alot of venom running through her system
Just because it bit her 7 times doesnt mean she had 7 doses of venom mate, snakes dont have an endless supply of the stuff, I'm no expert on vens but i'm guessing once it used the amount it normally carries up in the first few bites the rest would probably have been dry ones, i think it takes the snake a little time (days) to re-fill the glands. (anyone care to clarify?)
I dont see how climate change can make snakes more aggressive, which it sounds as though that guy is suggesting:|
Poor woman, looks like shes going to be ok though.

Did anyone notice this story too ?

Big 5mtr snake eats wallaby

Last edited:
If you think an Eastern Brown is slow, you must be Steve Austin. If you're not, Then stop taking the Mushrooms.:shock::p

If you think an Eastern Brown is slow, you must be Steve Austin. If you're not, Then stop taking the Mushrooms.:shock::p
LOL...he aint that fast...i watched him get tagged by that cobra:lol:......**** ive been bitten guys !!!....quick go get the kit ! (and my spare underpants)

Oh yeah....Duh...and his names Austin Stevens anyway...........that was just too funny to watch....nearly.

You see that on TV recently cris? lol

I saw a doco on the bull ants in tassy and they have killed ppl, possibly allergic reactions, but they are much more toxic than most other types. As for them being comletely nuts i have found that out first hand, the little critters charge and jump at anything they think may be a threat and give a really nasty sting with their tail. I havnt tried getting stung but apparently it feels like getting hit by a hammer.

Also my comment about browns being slow was obviously sarcasm, i dont think i have ever seen another reptile move faster(obviously goannas can run much fast in a straght line etc.).

Last edited:
I saw a doco on the bull ants in tassy and they have killed ppl, possibly allergic reactions, but they are much more toxic than most other types. As for them being comletely nuts i have found that out first hand, the little critters charge and jump at anything they think may be a threat and give a really nasty sting with their tail. I havnt tried getting stung but apparently it feels like getting hit by a hammer.

I was serious, i watched the same doco i think...
More Aussies die from ant sting than snake bite or something.

I seem to have entered a game of state the obvious, featuring the captain.:rolleyes:
Well we do have specific instructions about keeping you amused with quick simple games.....something about a short attention span!??
Wow a manu fan that doesnt live in manchester....theres a surprise eh!;)

And it dont get any more predictable than that, Captain.:lol::lol:

Wow a manu fan that doesnt live in manchester....theres a surprise eh!;)[/quote]

Well we do have specific instructions about keeping you amused with quick simple games.....something about a short attention span!??
Well i did say !!:rolleyes: have to keep it easy to keep you amused:lol: Its ok this ones finished now....kids eh!:rolleyes:

When they are in their element, Eastern Browns can be surprisingly fast...but they are incredibly predictable.

I would almost guarantee that the species that bit her was an Eastern Brown, and it would have been lucky to bite her more than twice.

I'd agree, but the article mentions puncturing a vein, running back to the house hmmmmm, bitten seven times hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, seems very lucky to be alive. I wonder how much of it really is fact and how much is thrown in to get the newspapers sold.

Simone

When they are in their element, Eastern Browns can be surprisingly fast...but they are incredibly predictable.

I would almost guarantee that the species that bit her was an Eastern Brown, and it would have been lucky to bite her more than twice.

eastern browns are highly fast moving snakes and probably the most dangerous to irritate they are unpredictableand i can truly understand how she got bit cause if it was a decent size brown after her first bite as she realised what happend truth be told she was still standing on it when it bit her again and again and as she was moving its strike range finished her with 7 bites nothing to do with stupidity just dam unlucky and lucky to be alive never tell anyone they are a slow species ......you want slow collect snails

so whos right then ? :?
this is another instance of conflicting information being given.

Normally brown snakes are regarded as the slowest species, mulga snakes are also notoriously slow :rolleyes: :|

I would definitely not say a brown is slow. I have had quite a few interactions with wild browns and they are like lightning.

I'd agree, but the article mentions puncturing a vein, running back to the house hmmmmm, bitten seven times hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, seems very lucky to be alive. I wonder how much of it really is fact and how much is thrown in to get the newspapers sold.

Simone
If she was to have received a true intravenous envenomation from a brown, there would be a death notice in the paper, not an article on a lady that had been bitten.

She would barely have made it up to the house.

If she was to have received a true intravenous envenomation from a brown, there would be a death notice in the paper, not an article on a lady that had been bitten.

She would barely have made it up to the house.

Hmmmm exactly womanator. There are a lot of hmmmmms in relation to this article. I like the depth of the fangs comment too, thats gold!

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back