Pet insurance- for stupid dawgs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hasnt eated a frog has he? i lived up in Katherine and our back yard was notorious for green tree frogs, i was always told to watch out cos theyre poisonous to our canine companions. its just a thought that sprung to mind cos my sister in laws dog was crook for a couple days last week (laying up and even showing signs similar to pavo) cos of a silly frog.

It could have been, most of the frogs up here are poisonous if they don't get swallowed quick enough. Good thought!

hasnt eated a frog has he? i lived up in Katherine and our back yard was notorious for green tree frogs, i was always told to watch out cos theyre poisonous to our canine companions. its just a thought that sprung to mind cos my sister in laws dog was crook for a couple days last week (laying up and even showing signs similar to pavo) cos of a silly frog.

Nah beard this dog has cost me nearly $4k just this year... $600 for a tracking collar (cause he's always chasing pigs and buffalo), $600 for falling out of a car, $1600 for infected teeth and this morning $1000 probably for eating something stupid. That's before i factor in the cost of bringing him to Darwin everytime something dumb happens and he only cost a $1k to buy! I could have had 4 of him by now!

Most of that stuff sounds like it could have been prevented.

Most of that stuff sounds like it could have been prevented.

jesus-says-cool-story-bro.jpg

and $1600 for infected teeth? You need to find a new vet.

I could probably think of a few more things. Seriously though, friends German Shepherd just costed him $600 for 8 extractions and a clean, dog is nine years old and has never had them cleaned before. I'm just suprised it costed you that much.

I could probably think of a few more things. Seriously though, friends German Shepherd just costed him $600 for 8 extractions and a clean, dog is nine years old and has never had them cleaned before. I'm just suprised it costed you that much.

Are you really interested in contributing to this thread or are you just trying to hang it on me?

There were two teeth, both the large premolars, which i have seen removed in the past when i worked in a vet clinic. They are very big and take a long time to remove. Then there was an infection that spread into his face that was caused by the infected tooth and needed to be treated. I also had to pay for him to board with them for three or four nights because i live in Arnhem Land and had to send him into Darwin. I just looked my receipt for it and it was $1300 not $1600, my mistake. I'm sorry if i offended you.

Is there anything else i can explain for you?

Gordo, when are you going to realize, you aren't fit to own a dog, NOT fit to teach Children and you will NEVER meet a lady because of your bad hygiene. Your a bad man full stop!
Give Jay a call, he'll sort you out! lol
;);):p

Hahahaha i'll be hermit living in a cave up in the escarpment country instead.

Luckily i don't mind the sound of that last option! :p

Gordo, when are you going to realize, you aren't fit to own a dog, NOT fit to teach Children and you will NEVER meet a lady because of your bad hygiene. Your a bad man full stop!
Give Jay a call, he'll sort you out! lol
;);):p

Hahaha Your a sick man!! I can just see it now, the drag and the princess living in the cave and admiring their collective snakes in hand. :lol: So many funny things to say mate, but its a family forum remember! AND you are the teacher of our future! Although a BAD dog owner... ;)
Take care mate.... :)

There were two teeth, both the large premolars, which i have seen removed in the past when i worked in a vet clinic. They are very big and take a long time to remove. Then there was an infection that spread into his face that was caused by the infected tooth and needed to be treated. I also had to pay for him to board with them for three or four nights because i live in Arnhem Land and had to send him into Darwin. I just looked my receipt for it and it was $1300 not $1600, my mistake. I'm sorry if i offended you.

Makes a little more sense that it would cost you over a grand now. The topic was basically about saving money on your pet, i thought having a reasonably priced vet to go to would be a good start which is why i brought it up.

A tracking collar could have been substituted with some training or a lead. I'm sure you've realised by now to have your dog restrained in the car.

Makes a little more sense that it would cost you over a grand now. The topic was basically about saving money on your pet, i thought having a reasonably priced vet to go to would be a good start which is why i brought it up.

A tracking collar could have been substituted with some training or a lead. I'm sure you've realised by now to have your dog restrained in the car.

I thought the topic started with you being holier than thou.

Have you tried to use a dog to hunt while its on a leash? Um it just doesnt work.

If he bought a tracking collar for hunting it has nothing to do with pet insurance. I gathered from his post it was incase the dog was lost or injured.

Have you tried to use a dog to hunt while its on a leash? Um it just doesnt work.

Woo! Woo there! My boy is not a hunter, he's a pet. As much as my dog loves to string pigs up i never take him hunting because i don't want him getting lost or hurt. You can usually call him back when he's in line of sight but if he can't see you he just keeps chasing whatever he's got his nose on. Hence the collar. But sometimes pigs and buffalo just turn up on the road where we run, which usually results in me going back later and shooting them or finding another spot to jog.

Topic as in thread.

Ok, thankyou. Taken on board.

Don't listen mate, it will cost you more now to get physiological counseling in Darwin which is another added expense as a result of you taking hypochndroac's comments literally in light of how things are in the NT..... A Victorian will know that for sure! lol
I'm more concerned about no reply to my last post.... now that's good reading for the old timers on the site. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back