Pet insurance- for stupid dawgs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo! Woo there! My boy is not a hunter, he's a pet. As much as my dog loves to string pigs up i never take him hunting because i don't want him getting lost or hurt. You can usually call him back when he's in line of sight but if he can't see you he just keeps chasing whatever he's got his nose on. Hence the collar. But sometimes pigs and buffalo just turn up on the road where we run, which usually results in me going back later and shooting them or finding another spot to jog.

Sorry Hun, didnt mean any offence, i made an assumption when you said he chased pigs and buffalo.

Nah no offence taken. I recon he'd be an epic hunter but too many people lose dogs after being gored by tusky pigs or eaten by crocodiles. I just couldn't do that to my boy.

Hmm bullets cost money but can save money too, and you have lots of them.

Dog insurance!! Its a boofhead dog!

My mates dog went missing last week and he found her dead in the paddock next door, from chasing a horse. Tragic loss but oh well, what do they say....It's a dogs life!

Or you could treat it like the ones I see at Sydney where I am working. The owners dog got washed today by one of those mobile dog grooming salons, I seriously thought it was going to be washed away they used so much water and it took about two hrs once it had been shampooed, blow dried and trimmed. Or the one i saw coming out of Brookvale Doggy day care centre... a pampered pooch being carried down the stairs! Cracked me up!

For christ sake I don't even wash or carry my kids.Lol!!

Hmm bullets cost money but can save money too, and you have lots of them.

Dog insurance!! Its a boofhead dog!

My mates dog went missing last week and he found her dead in the paddock next door, from chasing a horse. Tragic loss but oh well, what do they say....It's a dogs life!

Or you could treat it like the ones I see at Sydney where I am working. The owners dog got washed today by one of those mobile dog grooming salons, I seriously thought it was going to be washed away they used so much water and it took about two hrs once it had been shampooed, blow dried and trimmed. Or the one i saw coming out of Brookvale Doggy day care centre... a pampered pooch being carried down the stairs! Cracked me up!

For christ sake I don't even wash or carry my kids.Lol!!

OK Graham, You dont wash your kids... Ashamed my friend and You are just as bad a Dad just like Gordo is Doggy dad. ;):lol:;)

Well, they don't come with instructions so how was I supposed to know??:lol:

hey gordo, do you have one of these for your canine buddy
St John

they are seriously awesome value and from what i've read good for the mischief makers like yours. i'm with st.john and we carry these at public events occassionally where we know animals will be present. had a 3yr old lab slice his paw pad open on glass and had the pet kit handy so yeah, something to think about....PM me if you want to know anything more and i'll get you the info

got a mate who's beagle got sick, pnumonia? etc. $20k vet bill and the insurance company paid out $18k. Company is called petplan australasia.

Yea, ive seen people have some pretty scary vet bills too but never 20 k :O I honestly would have a heart attack lol. The biggest was $9500k for a black lab. I had a ragdoll( cat) that was hit by a car, the vet operated for 6 hours but couldnt save its life, the bill was 7 grand. My vet told me not to worry about it and ripped up the bill when the cat passed away an hour later.

Last edited:
If your dog starts hiding by himself in the garden does that mean he's about to die? There any vets or vet nurses on the forum today? I'm taking him to the vet in 20 minutes, but this really sucks.

What did the vet say he had eaten the other day?

It doesnt sound good, but it could just be what he feels like doing today :)

Gordo it doesnt mean he is about to die, but it can mean he is in pain or not feeling well. Speaking to a vet asap is your best option right now. I cant give you further advice without knowing what exactly is going on.

They still couldn't tell me, they said it was really bad gastro). He was in the clinic until christmas eve and we decided to bring him home to see if that would boost his mood. He didn't get better or worse until this morning, hasn't eaten anything apart from a couple mouthfuls on saturday arvo. Only saw him drink once which was last night. But he's either really crackin the sads (the pain meds cause disphoria) or he's getting sicker.

Thats no good. I would be concerned that he hasnt drunk much. Food wise I wouldnt worry as no one likes to eat when they have gastro. i know nothing about the disphoria (i had to google it to find out what it was), but i assume that wouldnt be helping him feel better either.

He's in for another stay at the vet clinic, will be having x-rays and a drip along with stronger meds. Different vet this time cause mine is closed for christmas. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back