Pet Insurance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_jensen

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any pet insurance that covers reptiles. I rang my insurance company(norma) and they don't do pet's at all. I also rang RACQ because they where advitising pet insurance on TV, but they don't do reptiles. Anyone have any ideas?

Way back on here this subject was brought up and if I remember right nobody was able to locate a company that would cover reptiles. Maybe some of the other long term members can remember this better than me and give you some more details.

Thanks afro.

I just wrote all the insurance companies I could find that advertised pet insurance, if they did reptiles, so I will let everyone know if I find any that do.

This is something that has bothered me for a long time, around 20 years ago when I kept reptiles in the UK it was possible to get insurance cover for them for theft, vet costs and even accidental death. Why after this many years are we still not able to do the same here ?

Hi
Try this one here
Remingtons insurance brokers
Ph: 03 5331 7341
I don't know if they do reptiles
They are advertising in birdkeeper for bird insurance offering fire and theft cover for birds.
Goodluck
Let us know how you go.
Cheers

I work in the insurance industry and haven't been able to anyone who insures reptiles. Previously people on this site and similiar have mentioned that their reptiles are covered as 'collections' on a home contents policy...........unless you get this in writing, I think you'll be in for a big shock come claim time as most insurers have an exclusion for animals of any sort.

Just put it all down as hobby equipment. And if your coastal gets pinched, you are really claiming for the expensive thermostat that was pinched.

Good luck with that - most insurance companies now investigate a majority of theft claims.

I know that I started a thread about it a while back
No one was able to come up with anything uesful unfortunately
I just got off the phone from Remingtons and they DON'T have anything available for reptiles :( But hey do for birds :? Odd
I also asked them if they know if anyone who DOES cover reptiles and they said no
The closest I came to a solution last time was RACVs advices to call the Insurance (something or other) of Vic and see if they knew of everyone.
I can't remeber if I called!! :oops:

A guy who keeps herps started one up a while ago, but it didn't do very well, so it's not running anymore.

I think it will take someone in the herp industry to start one up as before, but I guess that's a big thing, and stolen herps are hard to be proven, and I can't imagine it would be very profitable unless huge premiums were charged.

There is a section from memory under most household and contents insurance for hobbies, but I'm sure that wouldn't cover much.

It's annoying, isn't it?

beknluke said:
But hey do for birds :? Odd

wells then, next time a snake gets stolen from u all u need to say is that a ur snake ate ur bird n then someone stole the snake. that way ur not lying n can get some money back. :twisted:

I land mullet swan dived in front of the vacuum and went through. I thought i'd killed him and he seemed really quiet and stunned. He wouldn't move his back legs. Todaqy he was running around but when i picked him up he was all quiet. This evening i picked the little bugger up and he bit me. So he seems all ok. He got sucked up by a Phillips vacuum so thats its new name.
Simone.

Re: RE: Pet Insurance

Duke_jensen said:
Thanks afro.

I just wrote all the insurance companies I could find that advertised pet insurance, if they did reptiles, so I will let everyone know if I find any that do.

Wrote?????

You mean, like, with pen and paper?

:p

Hix

johnbowemonie said:
. He got sucked up by a Phillips vacuum so thats its new name.
Simone.

Hehehe So he and Hoover have something in common now :lol:

It's amazing that the insurance companies haven't latched onto something that would be worth money to them. I suppose putting the value on some animals would be damn near impossible.

Anyway, ask Womas4me - he knows everything :lol:

johnbowemonie said:
He got sucked up by a Phillips vacuum so thats its new name.
What "sucker"?

Jokes aside - Perhaps you should call him Lucky.

Hey moosey - I remmember Mr Mustaine - what ever happened to Megadeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back