pick up arrangements when snakes r purchased

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
I was wanting to know what peoples thoughts are,

when you purchase a new pet should the seller meet you half way, pay half freight . eg they live 4 hours away, should they meet you half way. or should it all be on the person making the purchase?

i personally dont know what to think.
one point is the person making the purchase is putting up enough money so why should they be slugged the entire cost.

on the other hand if u want the pet you do what it takes to get it, no one is forcing yuo to do anything.

Generally the buyer pays freight. Sellers shouldn't lose money because you live far away.

Ask a shop if they will bring a product to you or meet you half way to finalise a purchase.

i wouldnt meet them. they would know the area im from and if they wanted to buy its up to them to travel. as for freight cost, these are normally paid buy the buyer. in some cases the seller will include freight cost,

Ask a shop if they will bring a product to you or meet you half way to finalise a purchase.

in saying that, places do offer free delivery to finalise purchases,,, like when u buy bedding packages for example,.

i agree with all ur comments though, if u want the product its up too u to find local if not pay the price needed to obtain it

If im buying a snake off someone ill drive to them if they are only a few hours away..:)

Any arrangements that the buyer and seller are willing to negotiate are OK. It may be all down to 'care factor'. The person, buyer or seller, that cares most about the transaction happening will be more likely to make concessions about freight, etc. Sales 101!!! :)

in saying that, places do offer free delivery to finalise purchases,,, like when u buy bedding packages for example,.

i agree with all ur comments though, if u want the product its up too u to find local if not pay the price needed to obtain it

Yeah well beds etc won't fit in your boot lol

I have been known to travel interstate to purchase animals as have a lot of others.

i drive 15 hours to drop off an animal and some people dont want to drive 30 mins to meet me where i want them to.... screw THEM i say......

I don't hesitate meeting people in front or near a police station when more
expensive snakes are involved, obviously i wouldn't do it for an childreni or a jungle ,
but i know alot of people that just don't want to take the risk.

Cheers Fj

cool thanks for the replies people, it seems very one sided, and i cant say i dont aggree.

thanks again for the input and keep it coming

Well its very true. I was reading an article on a person who was selling a snake.. Was bashed to near death. the snake was stolen and the "buyer" Took off. The snake was an Adult GTP..

i've travel interstate on weekend to pick up animals finish work 3hr sleep 11hrs on road get animal drive 11hr home sleep

Well its very true. I was reading an article on a person who was selling a snake.. Was bashed to near death. the snake was stolen and the "buyer" Took off. The snake was an Adult GTP..

Hey mate,

Got any background/link to the article on this?

I have had sellers which have driven half way to meet me, which is a definite bonus otherwise i have always travelled to the seller, except for purchases from NQ or interstate.

Just today i picked up some snakes from a member here, although it was only 4 hours away, i wouldn't of expect the seller to meet me half way.

I wanted the snakes, so i picked them up, simple really.

i have picked up all my pets from the sellers house, besides those who wanted to meet me at a shopping center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back