Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A woma is my 1st option but if want a puppy dog tame morelia go a rough scaled python for sure

Why do roughies have to be on the advanced list in SA!!!!! :cry:

I never knew womas were on advanced in Vic...that kinda sucks :p

Why do roughies have to be on the advanced list in SA!!!!! :cry:

I never knew womas were on advanced in Vic...that kinda sucks :p

The difference between the states amazes me. In Vic a Lacie is on a basic licence but Pygmy Beardies are on advanced!?

Wow...that is so strange :? I know that QLD aren't allowed to keep native mammals either :/

From what I've read Womas are highly recommended but they are moderately endangered (EN), will this make it difficult/expensive for me to get one, and more importantly is it a good idea for a newbie to own an endangered python?

They are only endangered in the wild, defineatly not endangered in captivity. There are many localities available and size can vary between the state localities. They are hardly, love a hot box and i have never met a woma that doesnt like their food.
Prices vary these day between $250-350 depending on quality and locality, if you were to buy interstate - freight is usually $85-100. If you want a great python with heaps of personality a woma is a great choice.
If you want to have a look at all the type available check out my 'Show us ya woma' thread......

Check out some of yommy's womas if you want a nice one, he breeds some great snakes.

I got a woma as my first snake when I was in Melbourne. They are still on and advanced licence which will cost around $150 a year. Rough scales pythons are also on an advanced.

I headed down to 'Narre aquarium and reptile centre' to ask about Womas
They say they'll be getting some next month because they're being downgraded onto the basic licence
So that should be great, Thanks to all of you for the great feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back