Picked Up My Hatchie coastal carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all i picked up my coastal carpet python called cookie monster as he is a guts and eats alot says the breeder.

im curious i was handling him that night he seemed to enjoy the time i was spending with him and didnt appear to be stressed i was wondering is that the right thing to be doing handling him straight away or should i leave him for a while to settle in to his new surroundings?

All opinion's are more than welcome
thanks guys

id let him settle for a few days, it tends to help, although it is a hard thing to do when you get your first snake! but you get used to it.

im so tempted to play with him but ill take the advice and let him settle for a few days thanks guys

Yes Triptych_angel....... I am sure like all newbies, Scotchbo does like to receive some advice on how things are best done. we have all been there in his/her position. One thing I did notice with my hatchies is one of them was placid to start.... but then later started snapping at me.... Dont flinch, let them bite you (It doesnt hurt). Eventually they will realise you mean them no harm and will stop being so snappy... Have fun with "COOKIE MONSTER".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back