Picking up first snake today, any tips?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
I'm picking up my first ever snake from a breeder up in brissie. Is their anything I need to know like what to bring other than licence, or any forms that I need to take home with me? Thanks Naomi

Just your licence details. You will have a blast! :)
Enjoy :)

Just bring the record book (if you dont know how to fill it in, the breeder should help) and licence details, also a click clack to transport the animal in.

Stimsons are awesome :D I can't wait to see pictures!!!! Good luck and if you need any help, we're always here! :D

You must be excited. Can't wait to see pics. Remember to let him/her settle in properly. They get very stressed easily. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with your new little one.

What ^^^^^^^^^ said. As much as there is a massive temptation to want to handle your new addition try and refrain from it as it needs settling in time.

Plenty of this and u r well on your way to a great "relationship" with your new addition.

The best way to cover your bases is to ask the breeder what he/she wants you to bring with you, some of them will have transport containers set up for minimum stress in transport, some of them even supply a care sheet for your particular animal. Above all listen to the breeders final instructions if your excitement levels will allow and get him/her to write down what you need to do in the first month, and remember the most important thing that is suggested by every member here on new additions (coz they have all been there) "leave your little darling alone for its first week" there is a very good reason for it and nobody here is blowing smoke when they say it, stress is a major factor in your animal settling down. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy.............................................Ron

Wow.... after 2 hours and 20 minuets of waiting at his house he finally came home. He was a nice fella but I didn't appreciate waiting that long after an hours drive their! The little guy is very active and I think he is quite pretty. Will his colours die down as he ages because he showed me the snakes dad and he was very dull and patternless. Is their any name ideas? not sure about sex..View attachment 282312

Last edited:
also I read up that feeding every 5 days was good but he reckoned twice a week (so wednesday, friday). I also didn't get any shed or feed history is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back