Please help! Bhp & stein enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stein enclosure and have only had to swap around globes bewteen winter and summer. 50watt globes are too hot in summer so my basking one I change out to a 35watt. The other 2 in my enclosure are LEDs during summer and I cahnge one LED out near the hot spot for a halogen during winter.

Remembering that in the natural environment (the desert) the temp gets very low even during summer overnight. An winter it can be below 0! I have had my Bredli in his for 9 months and have had no issues apart from not wanting food in june as he was brumating. I would think maybe a jungle or GTP might need extra heating at night as their habitat is quite warm throughout the night.

Great advice - thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

if your worried about night heating they do a night heating option on there enclosures, you wont the radiating rock and the snake will be fine to climb and stretch out if it desires to do so... You wont need a thermo just unplug some of the basking lights if it gets too hot... You wont need 6 of them at 50watts... Just get one or two and the rest leds... the basking space holds heat really well...

thanks for your advice - much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a stein enclosure and have only had to swap around globes bewteen winter and summer. 50watt globes are too hot in summer so my basking one I change out to a 35watt. The other 2 in my enclosure are LEDs during summer and I cahnge one LED out near the hot spot for a halogen during winter.

Remembering that in the natural environment (the desert) the temp gets very low even during summer overnight. An winter it can be below 0! I have had my Bredli in his for 9 months and have had no issues apart from not wanting food in june as he was brumating. I would think maybe a jungle or GTP might need extra heating at night as their habitat is quite warm throughout the night.

So do you switch off the lights at night - in both summer and winter?

- - - Updated - - -

Better cancel the radiating rock order I made before it gets sent out!

It's great to get so much great and valuable advice from everyone - thanks everyone!

Though they are mainly terrestrial, Aspidites are more than capable of navigating a short climb, don't stress.

Reptiles need to have a photoperiod of 12/12. 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. They need to be heated at night so I usually do not use any heat source that gives off visual light. I use radiant heat panels and ceramic heat emitters.
Depends on type and locality of the snake

None of my bhp get heat or light at night. Except the babies for their first year, they get heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back