Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koubee

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yes this is another thread about my beardie eggs.......ahhhh they're going to send me insane!!!!
They are due to hatch today from what i have worked out from the time she layed them.
What is the incubation time for beardie eggs as i have read heaps of different things with completely different incubation times.
I'm pretty sure that 13 out of the 15 are ok. I've attempted to candle them but i wasn't really sure of what i was ment to be looking for.
Please help before i go completly insane. I get up 2-3 times a night, just to check the eggs. This is getting crazy.

forgot to add they've been in the incubator for 52 days and incubated at 28 -30 . i think that's it.

Hi koubee, from what books I have on beardies incubation at 30 or 31c should take 54 to 58 days, so I imagine they may take a couple of days longer to hatch since they have been kept at slightly lower temps.Good luck with them mate & keep us posted:)

when "candling", if the same as chickens which i imagine it is, you are looking for a darker mass inside the egg as you hold it up to the light of the candle... looking through the egg into the flame..... if that makes sense...

just hold a torch on the eggs, don't pick them up incase u turn them accidentally. u will see a dark mass at the bottom and red veins going round the rest of the egg. Really easy to see, you will definately know if they are fertile by candling.

If after 52 days there are still white and not mouldy, I reckon chances are that they are fertile even without candling.
They'll split the eggs, then start to emerge about 24 hours later so don't worry about checking during the night. Even if they do come out and kick the other eggs around a bit, it doesn't seem to matter at such a late stage of incubation.
In terms of incubation times, it's all a bit approximate, but within a week they should be hatching. I've had python eggs vary 10 days from one year to the next despite using the exact same tubs and incubator.

thanks guys, i'll just wait and see what happens, i pretty confident they'll hatch but as to when, who knows. As i had posted in an earlier thread, 2 are half the size and sunken, and there is one that that looks like it has a build up of extra shell on it in one spot, it has quite a few thicker bits of shell on it. Other than that it looks normal but again isnt as big as the others.
I will be selling them once they're all old enough so if any one is interested, PM me.

Last edited:
Dont stress Koubee, they will hatch soon enough and as Magpie said even if they do start hatching in the night they wont come out for at least 24 hours. There is nothing cuter and more exciting than a beardie hatching, except maybe for a woma hatching.
What kind of beardies are they, we are only allowed to keep the Pogona minor minor over here in WA, not even allowed to have the mitchelli's yet :(. Guess i'll have to wait awhile longer.
Good luck and happy hatching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back