Poor tree snake.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was driving out to my mates place today and saw this fella get clipped by the car in front of me, they did swerve to miss but still got him. I pulled over to get him off the road but was not in a good way at all and died shortly afterwards.

I measured him at 143cm which I thought was quite large for one of these, or at least longer than any i had seen before.....is this bigger than normal/average for a GTS?

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 213
yeah, was gonna drop him to a vet I know that does native wildlife on my way home, if nothing else get him off the road so it doesnt attract more animals onto the road.....

That's no good mate. I have only ever seen 1 GTS and that way dead as well. Don't know what killed the one I found as it had great condition so looked nice and healthy, it didn't have any marks/bleeding/skin torn/nothing visual to give a reason. It was a fair size probably 1.2m or so.

That's no good mate. I have only ever seen 1 GTS and that way dead as well. Don't know what killed the one I found as it had great condition so looked nice and healthy, it didn't have any marks/bleeding/skin torn/nothing visual to give a reason. It was a fair size probably 1.2m or so.

Sounds like rat bait, or maybe fox bait, 1080 does horrendous things to the wildlife in this country :(

But they might eat a rat who's eaten rat bait, ok fine I'm out of my knowledge base, I keep dragons not snakes, but the whole "no physical markings" thing just sounded like poison to me.

Good job trying to help it. Was such a nice looking snake too. Such a shame. :(

Gts eat frogs and skinks mainly in the wild but I get where your coming from with the poison and no sign causing death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back