Positive and Negative Feedback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the pont Hix made. Although i got ripped off and still not been refunded my $970. Will have to extremely careful who i pay in advance for the reptiles now.

This has just given me an idea.........Is it possible to have some sort of thing set up where if something is purchased from APS then the buyer sends the money to some account then when they get their item(s) then the money is forwarded to the seller, i know this would create extra work for someone but its just a thought???

It is more a case of not bagging out a shonky person...more of just not recommending them.
And no nastiness is involved.
how can you not recommend someone when the only form is positive feedback,
think it may be a good thing to be able to not recommend someone with out being nasty, the idea crochunter penny had was good

If there was a negative feedback forum, perhaps all posts should be screened automatically and only be allowed if they are sincere, and straight to the point without namecalling.
For example "i bought a ______ from this person and it arrived in poor condition/was underfed or unhealthy/not the animal i thought i was getting, and he won't reply to email after 3 weeks"
or "i bought a product from this person and it arrived broken, she will not refund my money or replace product"
or "I bought some products from this person but they took my money and i haven't seen my order in six weeks, will not reply to my emails"

Short and to the point. Maybe also give the seller an opportunity to respond (not on an alias account)

Obviously up to the discretion of the moderators, who can edit illiterate or life-story posts to get to the point.

-Penny

this is the one i was talking about:D

This is no different to puchasing from Ebay of the Trading Post.

Except that Ebay does allow negative feedback, which can help you avoid trading with someone who's dodgy.

I can understand that APS doesn't want legal hassles caused by negative feedback, but I also think the members should be able to easily find out about a potential buyer or seller. It's a tough one.

how can you not recommend someone when the only form is positive feedback,
think it may be a good thing to be able to not recommend someone with out being nasty, the idea crochunter penny had was good

UUmmmm the fact that they are not mentioned in the Positive thread Forum.....might be a start.....

Last edited by a moderator:
UUmmmm the fact that they are not in the Positive thread Forum.....might be a start.....

Yes Garth, but even complete bottom holes can still have SOME good dealings. They also have friends not afraid to post 'positive' feedback.

I think we all know who the bad sponsor refered to is - there is obviously a big enough issue with that person (it sure wasn't a once off, nor was it blown out of proportion - I can assure you of that) that there should be a warning to potential buyers how badly the deal CAN go with them. Positive feedback is no assurance that every particular deal will go well, and just gives a false sense of security. No feedback is better and safer than positive feedback only. What about next time someone takes 3mths or longer to get goods promised to them, or doesn't get them at all, or they are damaged (and there WILL be a next time), and APS knew of the problems with the seller and didn't allow warnings. Do you think that is acceptable?

I agree, APS is not responsible for its sponsors, but surely they have some moral obligation when one of their sponsors is 'suspect' to say the least to forewarn their members. Even mods can't disagree that the sponsor in question does not have major problems with reliability.

UUmmmm the fact that they are not mentioned in the Positive thread Forum.....might be a start.....
rather sarcastic. how do new people know who is a good seller or who has had people not happy with them apart from going thru every sellers 4 sale posts then hunting thru positive feedback forms

also alot of positive and also negative feedback is put up in chit chat form as a positive one is now but its not in positive feedback form,so makes it hard for everyone when trying to see how a seller is with to deal with ,as in chit chat positive feedback as in the one on now will stay but if someone leaves a negative thing about a problem with a seller in chit chat it is deleted very quickly

I personally didn't think that I was being sarcastic...just stating a starting point. Yes, friends can say positive things about someone who is clearly not doing the right thing when it comes to others...but you will always have that no matter what! I'm sure even Hitler and Pol Pot had their fans! LOL

It just depends on who you talk to, the old adage....someones medicine is someone else's poison.
I rest my case...and we can agreee to disagree LOL

I personally didn't think that I was being sarcastic...just stating a starting point. Yes, friends can say positive things about someone who is clearly not doing the right thing when it comes to others...but you will always have that no matter what! I'm sure even Hitler and Pol Pot had their fans! LOL

It just depends on who you talk to, the old adage....someones medicine is someone else's poison.
I rest my case...and we can agreee to disagree LOL
no hard feelings but if it was you that got ripped off by a seller you would not be happy and had not known that others had problems with a seller iam sure you would not be happy. i have only had very positive dealings with sellers from here but think there should be some form of thing when someone has a problem with a seller and let others know about it with out being nasty

Yes, fair enough...it is just hard to say these things without not being nice!!

Its alot different to ebay and the trading post. Here pepole are coming across threads and disagreeing with issues pepole have posted theres some extremeally passionate pepole here and if there was a negative feedback section it would be to easy to jump on it claim you purchased something and bag them out just because you don"t like them or disagree with there keeping methods etc. At the end of the day you just have to be really carefull as this interweb thing is a scammers delight.

Someone mentioned that monies paid for APS purchases be held by a third party until the sale is finalized.
Well I volunteer my services as the third party.
I can register another business called... The Devil's Bank... and then I can charge both the seller and buyer a "small"handling charge, nothing over 10% or was that nothing under 10%

I like the idea of having a poll option. If we have a positive feedback section we need the balance of a negative one as well.

Another idea is this, two people agree on a particular purchase/sale. Something goes wrong. The main problem is now communication between the two parties involved. The offended party could place a moderator screened thread, which gives the other party a chance to answer with their side of the story. A personal invitation pops up like a pm when they come on line so they are aware. No one else is allowed to comment, as time rolls on it is either sorted or not. Everyone can make up their own minds if they follow the thread.
This will, I beleive, remove unscrupulous people from the site. Or at least let other people believe what they want and decide wether they want to deal with a particular person.

Eg, hey mate, I have paid you for whatever, where is it.

reply, yeah sorry there fella I just got busy blah blah, send it tomorrow.

Two days later, cmon mate still waiting.

No response. This person has now done their last deal here. But it was their choice to not respond. Nothing defamatory because they had the chance to fix the problem and chose not to.

I would like to suggest, in addition to my previous post, that maybe proof should be supplied to the moderators. For example, original email with dates showing how long ago you ordered the item/animal, photos of damaged item, post mortem documentation, payment details with dates (with hidden account numbers of course) etc etc
But some things would be hard to prove, for example if it was a phone sale, or pickup.
Maybe the moderator can request evidence if they think it's a hoax or a "joke", or if they feel the need to include evidence in the feedback (eg a photo)

-Penny.

Last edited:
No thank you. We are moderators not mediators. We do NOT get involved in personal disputes between members. It is a no win situation for us as no matter what happens, one of the parties will not be happy with the outcome and then people will have one more reason to complain about us.
who would want to complain about the mods you all do a great thank less job,we all really love you mods:D

It's like the old tag, "TAKE SHIRT OFF BEFORE IRONING" It's a sad day when everything has to be thought out for us. Does there have to be a warning type disclaimer at the beginning of every post like the beginning of a film, The members views and opinions do not reflect the views and opinions of administrators of this site. Any products purchased by members, from members of this site are in no way guaranteed or warranted by administrators or moderators, Site staff will not mediate between traders, Buyer Beware.
There is risk in any dealing where money and goods are exchanged, As they say in boxing "protect yourself at all times" if you are unsure of a seller then don't part with your cash, If everyone did a bit of research and asked a few questions (pm) then any sellers with a bad rep would soon lose all their business to those held in high esteem among members, all without posts which go nowhere but into abuse. Not that I have anything wrong with popcorn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back