Positive and Negative Feedback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this thread for the first time and agree it's a tricky issue. What about the "Jane Bathurst" feedback thread in the "Positive feedback" section? I appreciate the warning that there's an unscrupulous person using an alias, selling sick animals and unable to properly sex them. This feedback is a positive thing for the APS community in that it warns us of a problem, but it is not promoting warm and friendly feelings about the individual mentioned.

Personally, like many other forums or sites such as eBay, I really support the idea of APS having a negative and positive feedback section. This can be tightly moderated by the mods and perhaps have a small window pop up stipulating the very strict do's and dont's before entering any negative feedback and even having a similar page to what ebay use for entering negative or positive feedback. As everyone knows with eBay, the person wishing to enter positive or negative feedback only gets the one chance to input, and the reciever of the negative input also has the opportunity to reply...end of debate!

At least than, both sides of the party get to have a say, and onlookers can make there own decision as to wether they wish to deal with this person in the future.

I hope this makes sense.

The reason I strongly support it is because throughout this particular post, I've read quite a few times about a certain sponsor ripping people off. This makes me wonder if this is the same person that has recently taken me for a ride also. Now this is the problem, I did not know anything about this person until now that it has happened, which of course is to late for me and I'm sure for others also. So if people like myself are not aware of certain con artists like this, how do we know? What can we do after this person has left us high and dry? APS can't help you, so who do we turn too for help when situations like this occur other than to seek a blood sucking solicitor to try and get your money back, which in the end is just not worth it due to the expense!

This is just one example of having such a tool improvised on APS, so that people have the opportunity to look at any negative feedback before they go purchasing any animals, products or courses of certain people.

This is just my own opinion.

sienna

Just adding to my last post....can anyone help me or give some sort of advice from APS regarding a certain sponsor on here that has basically taken my money but I have nothing to show for it?

If a solicitor is the only option I have, I really don't wish to have APS involved. So I'd much prefer it if someone from the inside (so to speak) can help me sort this out before it gets to the legal side of things.

Please pm me if you can help.

Thank you.

sienna

What about a star system? Instead of a comment you could post 1 to 5 'stars' as feedback depending on your personal experience. And then if anyone was interested in that particular sellers product they could PM the person who left the feedback (sort of like ebay [without the comment] )?

I would support such a system provided sellers could have a buyers rating forum as well.

I would support such a system provided sellers could have a buyers rating forum as well.

It's amazing how such an old thread can raise its ugly head again :) I've only been around for a while but I thought to myself "Not him again." I know it's probably not him but that was the first thought that went through my head.

A buyers and sellers rating system such as ebay would only become a mud slinging match, a kind of he said she said sort of thing. If you read any seller's negative feedback on ebay, they always respond aggressively saying it was the buyers fault. How can this be possible? The buyer has to pay up front before he/she gets the goods. It's only logical that 95% of the time, negative feedback from a buyer is going to be accurate. What's the seller going to say? "He paid me with monopoly money and I sent him the snake."

Good point Ramsayi, but I can't see it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back