Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My olive went day 29 two years ago and this year she was day 32, 27 good eggs 4 slugs and the fourth was about 8 hours after taking all the eggs away from her, weird ??

My Coastal is at day 45.I read that 50 days is average for coastals ?

My Coastal is at day 45.I read that 50 days is average for coastals ?

i assume you red that in keeping and breeding australian pythons? if so i think its a misprint??? yes it would appear they can go that long but its def. not the average.

Yep Jason,Shes been pacing a bit and laying in her box.Last night she was moving her stomach(midsection) around as if she was going to poo, But I presume shes moving the eggs and about to lay?

BHP went 37 days, 7 fertile eggs for first clutch. relieved that it did finally lay, checking them every hour or so every day for a few weeks and finally rewarded, worth it

WoW there are some amazing numbers out there...
This is my darwins 38 night and still nothing...
anyone eles had any big numbers ????

WoW there are some amazing numbers out there...
This is my darwins 38 night and still nothing...
anyone eles had any big numbers ????

only just checked my actual dates and my albino female is at day 38 today aswell.... cant wait to 'see what happens'. hopefully some nice healthy eggs, well that'd be better then a clutch of slugs atleast.
have another femal that is about day 20.. she is loving the cold end for some reason and chosing to maintain a body temp of 27... i think she will go a while also.

only just checked my actual dates and my albino female is at day 38 today aswell.... cant wait to 'see what happens'. hopefully some nice healthy eggs, well that'd be better then a clutch of slugs atleast.
have another femal that is about day 20.. she is loving the cold end for some reason and chosing to maintain a body temp of 27... i think she will go a while also.

How long did she end up going?

Gird

How long did she end up going?

Gird

abour 365 days ;)

i and a couple of my mates were sure she would drop on day 40, she had settled in the lay box in a loose coil and the bulge had moved down to the vent... basically all signs it was due, the next day however she was out and franticly looking for food... this isnt the first time this has happened to my with young females... basically has a false pregnancy. all signs of eggs etc to the point were the incubater is ready she feels gravid etc and then nothing... what ever flud is responsible for the 'egg lumps' is reabsorbed and nothing... basically there were never any eggs, just fooled everyone... haha. hopefully next season i guess.
anyone else honest enough to admit they have been fooled like this? i know of several others but i wont mention any names ;)

I myself have been fooled a few times ;), good luck next year

Gird

sorry for the bump. but so fake pregnancies really do happen?!?!

i swear my female was not pregnant, but finally started thickening up past couple weeks and baskin belly up since Thursday, so just in case made a nest which she got stuck into right away and preceded to coil into some strange yogo like possies and is still in one right now. i even thought she was going to lay last night during odd restless behaviour and got sweet FA sleep. Looks this way for tonight too :(

yes i am a noob at breeding, only done once before. but from memory she was fat for a long time, not a couple weeks... i kept thinking maybe its a false pregnancy like in dogs, but couldnt find any info... is it common? in hindsight did you realise there were clues at all? just want to make sure i am not missing smtg important. and hopefully encourage me to sleep lol

abour 365 days ;) i and a couple of my mates were sure she would drop on day 40, she had settled in the lay box in a loose coil and the bulge had moved down to the vent... basically all signs it was due, the next day however she was out and franticly looking for food... this isnt the first time this has happened to my with young females... basically has a false pregnancy. all signs of eggs etc to the point were the incubater is ready she feels gravid etc and then nothing... what ever flud is responsible for the 'egg lumps' is reabsorbed and nothing... basically there were never any eggs, just fooled everyone... haha. hopefully next season i guess.
anyone else honest enough to admit they have been fooled like this? i know of several others but i wont mention any names ;)

interesting and any ideas why this happens? I have a matrure female that this happened to as well..
you could see the lumps then.. nothing :shock: and the male was definitely fertile as he fathered other clutches..

any links to any reseach information regarding these situations would also be appreciated

Bad luck Jason :( I had the exact same thing with my blonde mac this season - she had lumps, was basking belly up in the laying box etc but nothing. I tried her a week ago with a rat and she smashed it and is now back to normal :? Was her 1st season too.

i had a BHP go 36 days but the first egg was a woppa so one wonder she couldnt get it out in time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back