Puppy pic thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres Archie (Lab) at 4months, he is now 8months
Thats Den (Spanador) in the background

DenandArchie.jpg

this is my girlfriends pug, coco she is about 3 or 4 months old and doesnt stop!!! skitzo

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 44
This is my little buddy Vegas, a six month old purebred Rhodesian ridgeback. Loyal to a fault, protective 30kgs and still growing!

Oh hilly!!! Vegas is georgeous!!! I have a rigdeback x rottie and shes the best!!! She would do anything for me... we had friends over and a friend bought one of his friends and he put his hand on my knee and she got up as fast as she could and growled at him and sat beside me the whole night!!!
You got a real stunner!!!

Lovely pics Candycaine, I like Nitro's blue eyes :)

You're actually not supposed to shave/clip the Sibe coat - it is double layered for insulation against both heat and cold.

I only got it shaved because I'm from Darwin, and its not like there completely bold, so they won't burn, and alot of breeders and keepers shave them in the hottest time of year which is around now, they've got a pond full of clean water, heaps of shade.

and it was also so there coat grow's evenly.

I wasn't going to get them clipped but because the ticks up in darwin are really bad its just easier to treat them when shaven.

should all grow back around 3 weeks to a month.

My little girl

This is my little girl "Kuta"
2 yo American Staffy
She has got the best personality and is SO obedient.
I LOVE HER !

Attachments

• 100_1430-001.jpg
    100_1430-001.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 48
Here is my baby Shorty =]
he is 9 years old and a Jack Russell X Foxy

also featured with him is chloe my cat.. i have no photos of shorty without her

IMGP5523.jpg

ive got 2 english staffs. Zeke is the male, Kia is the female. Havnt taken pictures for a few months so Kia is still a baby in the pics. But my male is my pride and joy, 25kg at 1 yr old and solid as a rock.

Attachments

• zeke1.JPG
    zeke1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 47
  • pupnzeke.JPG
    pupnzeke.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 52
I only got it shaved because I'm from Darwin, and its not like there completely bold, so they won't burn, and alot of breeders and keepers shave them in the hottest time of year which is around now, they've got a pond full of clean water, heaps of shade.

and it was also so there coat grow's evenly.

I wasn't going to get them clipped but because the ticks up in darwin are really bad its just easier to treat them when shaven.

should all grow back around 3 weeks to a month.

Coming from a dog groomer.

You can clip ANY breed and the coat will grow back the same, yes while their coat does protect them from both cold weather and hot that is back in siberia and the temperature doesn't reach 40 plus, their coats are suitable in their native homeland.

Very good move, every long coated dog should be clipped off during summer.
How would you like to wear a furr coat all through 40 degree days?

NAME: Pepper and Rosie
SEX: Male and Female
BREED: Border Collie and a Cattle Dog x
FAV THING TO DO: Sleep (on my bed), eat, and play with each other

3026193001_2246f626d5_b.jpg

2514963156_5e960d4439_b.jpg

You can clip ANY breed and the coat will grow back the same, yes while their coat does protect them from both cold weather and hot that is back in siberia and the temperature doesn't reach 40 plus, their coats are suitable in their native homeland.

Well actually that's not true I'm afraid, dog groomer or not, shows how little you know about the Siberian Husky. Sibes are not routinely shaved/clipped. And they are not a 'long coated dog'. They are a double-coated Spitz breed with a short, dense coat which insulates against both heat and cold.

I have three Sibes, and I live in Brisbane. None of them have ever been (nor will ever be) clipped back. I also know a lot of Sibe breeders and showies - and none of them ever clip their dogs. The Sibe coat is not meant to be clipped - it actually reduces their ability to regulate their body temperature.

However as candycaine mentioned, she does live in a tick prone area, so for that reason I suppose I could understand having them clipped back. Finding a tick in a thick Spitz coat is nearly impossible.

Every long coated and most double coated with the except of maybe a lab.

1st pic is of my little man Gizmo.
He's a 5yr old Maltese/ShihTzu

2nd is Pebbles. BullArab X girl.
She was a very severe rescue case when she first came to me. She is the sweetest girl ever.
3yrs old nearly and has been with me 1.5yrs. Very protective of me.
Featured with Pebbles is my naughty Torti Soxy. She's about 5.5yrs now.

I love both my pooches to bits. They are spoiled rotten and I think they know it to.

Attachments

• Cuteness.jpg
    Cuteness.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 13.Pebbles,Soxy.1.jpg
    13.Pebbles,Soxy.1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 36
Well actually that's not true I'm afraid, dog groomer or not, shows how little you know about the Siberian Husky. Sibes are not routinely shaved/clipped. And they are not a 'long coated dog'. They are a double-coated Spitz breed with a short, dense coat which insulates against both heat and cold.

I have three Sibes, and I live in Brisbane. None of them have ever been (nor will ever be) clipped back. I also know a lot of Sibe breeders and showies - and none of them ever clip their dogs. The Sibe coat is not meant to be clipped - it actually reduces their ability to regulate their body temperature.

However as candycaine mentioned, she does live in a tick prone area, so for that reason I suppose I could understand having them clipped back. Finding a tick in a thick Spitz coat is nearly impossible.

Samoyeds are not routinely shaved/clipped either, but this does not mean that they can't be taken back short and yes i retyped long coated and double coated.

Obviously siberian huskys that are shown are not clipped, i have a pekingese and they are shown with coats that flow along the floor but the dog still remains hot and my peek gets shaved in summer and kept fluffy in winter.

Yes they don't HAVE to be clipped but i am saying it is the kindest thing you can do for your dog unless they sit in an air conditioned room during the whole of summer.

It insulates them but not on 30 plus degree days, they simply were not bred for that kind of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back