Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
john weigel has been trying to prove that snake for years and has had no luck yet. I doubt we will see these on the market anytime soon If at all.

Wasn't talking about Weigels animal mate. It bred this year to an albino. Should prove out in a couple of years.

Last edited:
If you cross a pure black Darwin with an albino do you get striped ones like bandy bandy

LOL. Who knows how the genes will interact. I'd say a pure white python with red eyes, a full yellow or orange carpet with red eyes or something else?

is this Weigels black python or just one that looks like his. I thought his was much darker and glossy.

D3pro, I am having a lot of trouble with this animal. Ongoing health problems have precluded it from being introduced to anything else. Another hyperblack that someone had died suddenly late last year. There are several others like this one around and I am pretty sure that someone in SW Sydney bred animals much loke this a few years back.
Interestingly it loses more of those lighter marks after each shed.

Yes, I think a guy named Steve (beautifulpythons) on this site was getting into them.Not sure how his breeding was progressing though.

bit of a sore point this thead.
i had to euth. this animal last week, and i don't even have decent photos of her.

Attachments

• sluggo.jpg
    sluggo.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 161
  • sluggo1.jpg
    sluggo1.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 171
i am loathe to hurt anothers members feelings, but the gist of it is:

3 and 1/2 years ago i knowingly bought a very ill animal.
very ill, as in stomatitis so bad surgery took place to remove jawbone type ill.
blinded by potential i perseveered.
with frustrating regularity she refused food and developed RI each winter and again late spring.
she never gained enough condition to breed.

so i killed her.

the end.

rip Sluggo, my first and final foray into morelia morph delusions.

That sounds terrible Jack, shame it had to happen to such a beautiful animal, but i think you did the right thing by her.

john weigel has been trying to prove that snake for years and has had no luck yet. I doubt we will see these on the market anytime soon If at all.

that would also depend on mode of inheritance. If the animal is line bred for a reduced pattern it is totally different from a melanistic animal.

There's more than one out there...

Sorry to hear that Jack :-/

I was trying with this pair, but with no luck. Mating but no eggs. They still have rosettes, but a LOT of SOLID black and pretty clean markings. These were recently given away to another member on this site with more time on his hands, on a breeding arrangement (I get a few hatchies if he is successful). My workload is constantly increasing and I need to trim back on the collection and I will be gutted if someone doesn't at least get a clutch from this pair.

View attachment 235514View attachment 235513

all i have to say to the experts, esp mr google, pics or it didn't happen. Anyone can say anything they want on am internet forum but you need evidence to back up your claims esp to someone who isn't a brainless groupie.

all i have to say to the experts, esp mr google, pics or it didn't happen. Anyone can say anything they want on am internet forum but you need evidence to back up your claims esp to someone who isn't a brainless groupie.

Take it or leave it big man, it really is of no consequence to me. Your comments show you know very little of the in's and out's of this hobby, i thought i'd give you a little bit of an info on a morph that i thought you might find interesting. Then you spit back at me with more of your attitudey crap. I think that speaks a lot about your character as a person.

Had you asked me a bit more politely i could have given you more information. I could even have asked the owner, who is a member here to enter this thread. But i guess you know better.

Take it or leave it big man, it really is of no consequence to me. Your comments show you know very little of the in's and out's of this hobby, i thought i'd give you a little bit of an info on a morph that i thought you might find interesting. Then you spit back at me with more of your attitudey crap. I think that speaks a lot about your character as a person.

Had you asked me a bit more politely i could have given you more information. I could even have asked the owner, who is a member here to enter this thread. But i guess you know better.

oh no, only those of us who kiss gavin bedford's butt can know everything. there is no need for you to try and talk me down and bring up anything about my character or my understanding of the ins and outs of the hobby esp since some of the higher ups in this hobby (people who would chew you up and spit you out for breakfast) have seen, read and agreed with my comments thus far. you wanna go there and try to discredit me? that is fine because i have heard plenty about you and your rep from very high up people in the community but i don't play your stupid games! fact is this, either come in with some evidence to back up your claims or stay out and don't quote my comments to try and act like you know best. if there are animals out there that you say, fine all well and good but back it up with a name or a pic or you are just talking out of your butt. plain and simple. any tom dick or harry can make any claim they want but that doesn't make it true, esp in a hobby like this where many people seem to want to be associated with certain people or animals to try and make themselves look bigger and better in other people's eyes! hell i can say i have an albino bhp that was never smuggled into the country and not provide any pics whatsoever and according to you that would make me an expert!
i knew i should never have taken you off ignore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back