Pygmy Mulga Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aoife

Reaction score
Hi,
Just curious to see how many poeple on here have Pygmy Mulga Montiors. I currently have one adult male (Lieutenant), and I love him to pieces. They are one of my favourite Monitors. I hope to breed them one day when I can find him a lady.;)

Pics are always welcome!

Cheers

i live in sunbury too!!!!!!!!!!! sweet, i might be getting pigmy's. did u get yours in sunbury, i dont know were to get them from?

i know, at least they sell crickets. i got him from Living Jungle in Sunshine. That's a great shop, their reptiles are a bit expensive though. Upmarket Pets on Queen st is the best for reptiles. You should check it out.

what reptiles do you have?

does living jungle have them?

AWSOME!!!!!! now i know were to get them!!!! sweet!

does living jungle have them?

AWSOME!!!!!! now i know were to get them!!!! sweet!

Unfortunatly, mulga's are VERY hard to get, in vic anyway. It was pure luck they had him when I went in. They only had one and he was only there for a day before I snapped him up. You can get them from Herp Trader but I am finding it very difficult, also because i'm not a fan of animals being freighted.

If anyone know a breeder please let me know asap.

Thanks

If things go well for me, I should be breeding a few in the upcoming season...

How much was it from the petshop? Was it in good condition, as Living Jungle wernt very good when I went there. (Not starting a argument)

I have only purchased 2 of my Monitors from them, 1x Pygmy mulga Monitor which was in very good condition, he was only in their care for 24hrs before i bought him.
I also bought a Ridge-Tail Monitor which died within 24hrs of purchase, I was devastated.

I buy all my crix and other stuff from them, but I doubt I'll buy any more reptiles.

Ok then, thats alright. Did you end up getting a autopsie on the Ackie? Did you get your money back?

not sure why you say they're hard in victoria.

One of the largest breeders of Gillens in Australia is in Vic.

gillsy Are you able to tell me who breeds them or which shops? I have rang many stores and they can't find any, and a lot of breeders won't have any until early next year.

Cheers

Unfortunatly, mulga's are VERY hard to get, in vic anyway. It was pure luck they had him when I went in. They only had one and he was only there for a day before I snapped him up. You can get them from Herp Trader but I am finding it very difficult, also because i'm not a fan of animals being freighted.

If anyone know a breeder please let me know asap.

Thanks

You can always put up a "wanted ad" on the Herp Trader.

A member of this site, Sadji, who made the media last week because of a little scratch, used to and I presume still does, breed Gilleni.

I breed Accies but only have 0 or 1 (I am waiting for somebody to respond to an offer) left from this season.

Sdaji's own words
"I bred more than everyone else in the country combined for a few years, but I no longer keep the species."
He told me this when i asked him about Gilleni about a month ago.

Good luck tho and i hope you manage to find more. But i think you will have to wait till early next year.

Camo...

I was the person lucky enough to obtain Sdaji's gilleni breeding colony. Hopefully I am able to breed a few in the upcoming season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back