Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will readily eat mice, small birds ( finches ), gex and skinks.

So far i havn't had a pygmy reject a thawed mouse EVER.

They are commonly associated with termite mounds, but i have found them in areas without termite mounds for miles. CALM once found 16 pygmy's in one termite mound.

They would be perfect for the person that doesnt have much room, too bad they arnt very common. Nice snake although i still love the big boofy heads of the morelia!

Cheers Alex

womas4me, on another site i read CALM didn't put pygmys on our keeping list because in the wild they eat mainly lizards (i know most other Antaresia pythons do too). Although you saying you've never had a pygmy refuse a mouse is quiet a surprise. I also believe that the 2 Pygmy's at Armadale Reptile Centre eat thawed mice. So is it true that CALM didn't put them on the list because of "special feeding requirments"?

I just picked up 2 hatchlings that haven't eaten yet, but my older one has no problems and pounds down as many f/t mice as I give her. They are fantastic little snakes, although they are pricey ($400-1000 here in the USA).

Here's a repost of one of mine:

saki_coiled.jpg

-Imp

i would love own one or two myself,i first saw them in a book, i would love to add them to my collection.Beautiful snakes

Has anybody seen the one in the Keeping Childrens Pythons book by Greg Fyfe and David Green

We can't lay claim to the largest python in the world, but can lay claim to the smallest and as far as I am concerned that is special and I want a pair!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back