Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantelle

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of python this is please?
I have no information on where it came from.

NewImage.jpg

sorta looks like a jungle to me

it looks a bit like a coastal were'd you get it from?
can you contact the breeder?

It's a Carpet Python from the Queensland reigon, I can say that much with certainity, looks like M. s. mcdowelli, but could possibly even be a M. s. cheynei or theres always the tiny chance it's a wild hybrid, it can be hard to tell really, especially not knowing where it is and being a younger animal.

It's not a brilliant picture for the task of identification, but I'd guess it's a South West Carpet, Morelia spilota imbricata.

Looks like a Dark coloured jungle, but ill leave it to the photo experts.

In my very amateur opinion I would have said Sdaji was on the money.

It looks like the pic of an imbricata I have here.

Dicco said:
It's a Carpet Python from the Queensland reigon, I can say that much with certainity, looks like M. s. mcdowelli, but could possibly even be a M. s. cheynei or theres always the tiny chance it's a wild hybrid, it can be hard to tell really, especially not knowing where it is and being a younger animal.

Its a hybrid, I know a person with a larger ver of this snake and they say theirs is a hybrid.. unless per-say the green tint in their scales is lighting ?

It is a South Western carpet python ( Morelia Imbricata).
Very nice little snake, Magpie, where about's on your journey through WA did you come across it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back